Zinc Sickness?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zinc Sickness?!

Around about October of 2010 my body started rejecting zinc. It starts building up in my system over a period of time and starts to shut down my immune system. If I take less zinc it just takes longer to affect me.

symptoms:
    coated mouth
    swollen tonsils
    bloodshot eyes
    congestion
    lack of energy
    droopy eyelids
    stinky breath no matter how much I brush and rinse

Whay the hell would this happen after years of going with no such issue?
    Never mistake kindness for weakness...

Zinc Poisoning Treatment

Zinc is a bluish white metal used primarily in anti-corrosive applications. The human body requires a minimum amount of Zinc for a balanced diet. The recommended daily intake is about 15 milligrams. As long as the amount of Zinc ingested is within limits, there is no problem. When the daily intake level of Zinc crosses 40 milligrams, it becomes toxic.

Hyperzincemia or excessive Zinc in the body leads to a series of complications such as Anemia, Neutropenia, etc. The New York Times has reported that experiments have revealed a link between Zinc and Alzheimer’s condition. When the level of Zinc in the body reaches unacceptable proportions, it results in Hypocupremia or depletion of Copper. The Neurological Society of India has conducted a study on serious ailments such as Neuropathy, Wilson’s disease, Nephrotic syndrome, etc., caused due to Hypocupremia.

The American Academy of Neurology has found Zinc concentrations from 17000 to 34000 ?g/g in denture fixative creams such as Poligrip and Fixodent. Loss of balance and neurological complications are often initially misdiagnosed as Multiple Sclerosis, as the symptoms are similar. Unfortunately, it becomes too late to co-relate the symptoms and identify Hyperzincemia due to chronic usage of denture cream as a possible cause.

If you know someone who exhibits symptoms similar to those stated above, immediately consult a physician to re-investigate the cause. This article attempts to give some information on the possible courses of treatment for Zinc poisoning.

It is extremely essential to keep circulation to the kidneys at adequate levels to prevent renal failure. The University of Maryland recommends administering the patient plenty of fluids. Preferably milk must be taken as an immediate first aid. Nasogastric suction or gastric lavage, by which the contents of the stomach are washed out, may be resorted to depending on the severity of poisoning. Antidotes are also administered to reverse the effects of Zinc poisoning. In patients with severe anemia and Hypocupremia, transfusion of red blood cells and measurement of Ceruloplasmin and Serum Copper are done.

Causes
    Zinc poisoning can occur after ingesting, inhaling or absorbing excessive amounts of the substance. The following list contains some of the more common places that zinc is found. There may be other sources not included on this list.

Paint
    Rubber
    Dyes
    Wood preservatives
    Ointments (such as denture cream)
    Rust preventative coatings
    Vitamin and mineral supplements
    Zinc chloride
    Zinc oxide
    Zinc acetate
    Zinc sulfate
    Heated or burned galvanized metal (releases zinc fumes)
    good Luck Jelly.
    ODB
    Last edited by ODB; 07-29-2011, 08:05 PM.
    "GYM + JUICE"

Comment

Wow! Thats pretty serious! The funnt thing is when I stop taking zinc, within a 4-7 days I start feeling better. It seems as if my body does not utilize the zinc anymore even at low doses. I may have to go check with the Doc since zinc seems to be nesscary for for me and what I do.
      Never mistake kindness for weakness...

Comment

Working...
      X