GirlyMan's Lean Bulk Diet Example

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GirlyMan's Lean Bulk Diet Example

Hello everyone. I figured I would post what my typical diet looks like when doing a "Lean Bulk."

Keep in mind that the goal of a lean bulk is to keep excess fat gain to a minimum. Obviously you're going to have some fat gain, but by doing a Lean Bulk vs. a eat anything and everything bulk, you're actually going to see higher value quality gains and there will be less to lose come contest time / summer time.

Here is a typical day for me during a lean bulk. I'm 28, 5'10, 180 pounds. I eat assuming a body weight of 190 pounds. The Macros are 3250 calories, 400 protein, 300 carbs, and 50 fat.

Meal #1 (7 AM):
    2 whole eggs
    6 egg whites
    1 cup of Oatmeal with 1 scoop of Whey Protein powder
    Totals: 668 Calories, 16.5g Fat, 56g of Carbs, 70g of Protein

Meal #2(9 AM):
    8 oz Chicken Breast
    1/2 cup of Brown Rice
    Totals: 580, 5.8g, 71g, 60g

Meal #3(11 AM): (Most often used as a pre-workout meal):
    2 cans of Tuna
    4 oz of Sweet Potato
    Totals: 396, 2g, 31g, 60g

Meal #4(3 PM): (This is most often used as an after workout meal):
    8 oz Chicken Breast
    8 oz Sweet Potato
    Totals: 504, 3.32g, 63g, 55g

Meal #5 (6 PM)
    6 oz Lean Steak
    4 cups of Broccoli
    Totals: 406, 7.36g, 24g, 58g

Meal #6 (9PM) (Before Bed)
    2 Scoops Casein Protein
    Totals: 240, 2g, 6g, 48g

The remaining protein/carb intake comes from my 2 Post workout shakes taken immediatly after working out (I literally put the weight down) and 20 minutes afterwards (i've showered and changed). The totals for those are 390 calories, 2g of Fat, 37g of Carbs, and 54g of Protein.

Hopefully this might prove useful for those trying to create a lean bulk. Main thing to remember is to keep excessive fats out of your diet.
Working...
X