Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HGH to help injury?

wondering if someone can help me out,

long story short a guy in my gym started telling me about how his knee is bad (not 100% what just something to do with the ligament and tendons not snapped just damaged) and he has 2x 8iu vials of hyge at home he is going to use to help it, but he was asking me did i think it would help? and how should he run what he has? and all i could say was i don't know, i'v never run it and all i heard of is long run's of the stuff nothing like 2 vials,

what do you guys think will it help at all/make it better, best way to run it?

no way near enough. u need at least 3-4ius a day for at least 3 months if not 6+++++

thats for growth anyway, but yeah im almost certain 16ius wont cure an injury, however stranger things have happened!

Comment

that's what i though but he kept saying he don't want it for fat loss or growth and it made me wounding if it would help

Comment

Its wiser to increase dosage, start with 1 iu then after a few days go to 2 iu and I know many guys (also guys that compete) that stay on this dose, but you can increase if you can handle the increase and think you need it, or think or expiriece that it works better. For the injury I would combine it with Deca (nandrolone)

Comment

Hey I just asked a similar question... so I am 5 days out of shoulder surgery.. I have some deca on hand and I have heard it will help with recovery. I havent even seen the Doc after the surgery.. I got in on the 6th for his post eval.. Im still in a considerable amount of pain is it too soon to start taking the deca? and at what dosage? my guestimation is 100mg a week maybe?

No way I can do any lifting just some PT 2 times a week for now. Im told he grinned down some of my collar bone to make room for the joint to move and not pinch any nerves.., cleaned ups some bursitis and maybe more as I know I had some small tears somewhere.. is deca still a good choice? I dont have any hgh so it will just be deca for the moment..

thanks for anyones input..
          Body please don't hurt the gym for it knows not what it does to you..

Comment

science

Anabolic steroids after total knee arthroplasty. A double blinded prospective pilot study

Erik Hohmann, Kevin Tetsworth, Stefanie Hohmann and Adam L Bryant

1 Musculoskeletal Research Unit, Central Queensland University, Australia, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Clinical Medical School, University of Queensland, Australia
            2 Royal Brisbane Hospital, Australia, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Medical School, University of Queensland, Australia
            3 Centre for Health, Exercise and Sports Medicine, University of Melbourne

Journal of Orthopaedic Surgery and Research 2010, 5:93doi:10.1186/1749-799X-5-93

The electronic version of this article is the complete one and can be found online at:
            Journal of Orthopaedic Surgery and Research | Full text | Anabolic steroids after total knee arthroplasty. A double blinded prospective pilot study

Received: 4 August 2010 Accepted: 15 December 2010 Published: 15 December 2010 ? 2010 Hohmann et al; licensee BioMed Central Ltd.

This is an Open Access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License (<url>http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0</url>), which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.

Abstract

Background

Total knee arthroplasty is reported to improve the patient's quality of life and mobility. However loss of mobility and pain prior to surgery often results in disuse atrophy of muscle. As a consequence the baseline functional state prior to surgery may result in poorer outcome "post surgery" and extended rehabilitation may be required. The use of anabolic steroids for performance enhancement and to influence muscle mass is well established. The positive effects of such treatment on bone and muscle could therefore be beneficial in the rehabilitation of elderly patients. The purpose of this study was to investigate the effects of small doses of Nandrolone decanoate on recovery and muscle strength after total knee replacement and to establish the safety of this drug in multimorbid patients.

Methods

This study was designed as a prospective double blind randomized investigation. Five patients (treatment group) with a mean age of 66.2 (58-72), average BMI of 30.76 (24.3-35.3) received 50 mg nandrolone decanoate intramuscular bi-weekly for 6 months. The control group (five patients; mean age 65.2, range 59-72; average BMI 31.7, range 21.2-35.2) was injected with saline solution. "Pre-operatively" and "post-operatively" (6 weeks, 3,6,9 and 12 months) all patients were assessed using the knee society score (KSS), isokinetic strength testing and functional tests (a sit-to-stand and timed walking tests). In addition, a bone density scan was used preoperatively and 6 month postoperatively to assess bone mineral density.

Results

Whilst the steroid group generally performed better than the placebo group for all of the functional tests, ANOVA failed to reveal any significant differences. The steroid group demonstrated higher levels of quadriceps muscle strength across the postoperative period which reached significance at 3 (p = 0.02), 6 (p = 0.01), and 12 months (p = 0.02). There was a significant difference for the KSS at 6 weeks (p = 0.02), 6 (p = 0.02) and 12 month (p = 0.01). The steroid group demonstrated a reduction in the amount of bone mineral density at both the femur and lumbar spine from "pre-" to "post-surgery", however, these results did not reach significance (p < 0.05) using one-way ANOVA.

Conclusions

This project strongly suggests that the use of anabolic steroids result in an improved outcome as assessed by the KSS and significantly increases extensor strength. No side effects were seen in either the study or control group.

Comment

interesting read.. thank you,
              Body please don't hurt the gym for it knows not what it does to you..

Comment

Working...
              X