Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spicy Seafood Stew

Spicy Seafood Stew

Notes: To have quinoa and stew ready at the same time, start quinoa once you've added the potatoes to the stew (step 1). Small squid (calamari) are sold cleaned and cut into rings at many specialty stores and seafood markets

YIELD: Makes 4 servings

Ingredients

1 tablespoon olive oil
    1 onion (8 oz.), peeled, halved, and thinly slivered lengthwise
    2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
    1 can (32 oz.) diced or crushed tomatoes
    8 ounces red or white thin-skinned potatoes (about 1 in. wide), scrubbed and quartered
    1 or 2 fresh hot green chilies such as jalape?os, rinsed, stemmed, seeded, and minced
    1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
    1/2 teaspoon chili powder
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    12 ounces shelled, deveined shrimp (31 to 40 per lb.), rinsed
    8 ounces tilapia or other white-fleshed fish, rinsed and cut into 1-inch chunks
    4 ounces fresh or thawed frozen calamari rings (optional; see notes), rinsed
    2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
    Cooked Quinoa

Preparation

1. Heat oil in a 5- to 6-quart pan over medium-high heat; add onion and garlic and stir often until onion is very limp, 8 to 10 minutes. Add tomatoes, 1 1/2 cups water, potatoes, chilies, cumin, chili powder, and salt; increase heat to high and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer until potatoes are tender when pierced, 20 to 25 minutes.
    2. Stir in seafood, if using. Cover and simmer until shrimp and fish are opaque but still moist-looking in the center of thickest part (cut to test), 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in cilantro. Spoon quinoa onto rimmed plates; top with stew.

Nutritional Information

Amount per serving
    Calories: 262
    Calories from fat: 24%
    Protein: 32g
    Fat: 6.9g
    Saturated fat: 0.8g
    Carbohydrate: 19g
    Fiber: 4.4g
    Sodium: 823mg
    Cholesterol: 156mg
    Attached Files

This is definitely one of my favorites.LOVE IT!!!

Comment

Hey man, just want to give you props on your recipes. I have been in the restaurant business for 20 years, went to culinary school. Just wanted you to know I appreciate it. Oh yeah, what is quinoa?

Comment

It's really good recipe, I just try this. It's so delicious..
        If you have some knowledge about any other fish recipe, which you like then post here. Thanks in advance..!!!

Comment

Working...
        X