Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Silva calls for first round KO, Leben admits he?s a ?little scared?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silva calls for first round KO, Leben admits he?s a ?little scared?

Who's looking for some fine grappling when Chris Leben and Wanderlei Silva lock horns? That's what I thought. Two of the most prolific bangers in the history of MMA should provide some fireworks next week at UFC 132.

Silva has 23 knockouts in 33 wins while Leben has 13 in 25 victories. Silva says he's on another level.

"I'm faster than him. Who's gonna hit first? I don't see him going past the first round," said Silva (0:38 mark). "I'm going to hit him a couple of times and after that, he's going to go out."

This is a huge fight for Leben (25-7, 11-6 UFC), who allowed Brian Stann to use him as a stepping stone at UFC 125.

"I've had a lot of fights and I should have known better but I think I just got a little comfortable. I was feeling really good after my three fight win streak. I was feeling good and I underestimated Brian Stann a little bit," Leben said during the UFC 132 teleconference.
    "I think the biggest thing that got affected actually was my diet. I came in just a little bit too heavy, and I cut too much weight."

Leben's not making the same mistake against the legendary Silva. He actually said Silva's game scares him a bit.

"This time, I'll be honest, I'm excited to fight Wanderlei. And a little scared at the same time too," Leben said. "I think for me that's definitely a very motivating and driving emotion. I'm really focusing a lot harder on my diet, and when I'm in the gym, I'm in the gym 110 percent. I'm listening to my coaches and I'm putting everything in because I want to go out and I want to win this fight."

It's also a huge fight for Silva, who at 34, appears to be on the downside. He dropped to middleweight to make a run at Anderson Silva's title and hasn't been able to remain healthy. He beat Michael Bisping in his official 185-pound debut, but hasn't fought since in 16 months.
Working...
X