X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chili-Rubbed Steaks & Pan Salsa

Chili-Rubbed Steaks & Pan Salsa

Notes....

Any cut of steak will work for this recipe, but we especially like the flavor and texture of rib-eye with these seasonings; look for steak that has been thinly cut. A cold ale, sweet potato fries and vinegary coleslaw can round out the meal.Heres a little tip...I added jalape?o and onion to the salsa. Then just as it got done i added some left over pineapple cubes with a small amount of pineapple juice. It was awesome

2 servings

Active Time: 20 minutes

Total Time: 20 minutes
    Nutrition Profile

Ingredients

8 ounces 1/2-inch-thick steaks, such as rib-eye, trimmed of fat and cut into 2 portions
    1 teaspoon chili powder
    1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
    1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
    2 plum tomatoes, diced
    2 teaspoons lime juice
    1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro

Preparation

Sprinkle both sides of steak with chili powder and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add the steaks and cook, turning once, 1 to 2 minutes per side for medium-rare. Transfer the steaks to a plate, cover with foil and let rest while you make the salsa.
    Add tomatoes, lime juice and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt to the pan and cook, stirring often, until the tomatoes soften, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat, stir in cilantro and any accumulated juices from the steaks. Serve the steaks topped with the salsa.

Nutrition

Per serving: 174 calories;
    9 g fat ( 3 g sat , 4 g mono );
    60 mg cholesterol;
    4 g carbohydrates;
    0 g added sugars;
    20 g protein;
    1 g fiber;
    336 mg sodium;
    421 mg potassium.

Nutrition Bonus: Zinc (27% daily value), Vitamin A (20% dv), Vitamin C (15% dv).
    Attached Files
    F.I.S.T.
    Last edited by F.I.S.T.; 06-26-2011, 03:22 AM.
Working...
X