Makes 8 portions
    (for slow cooker or large pot)

Ingredients:

2 Tbsp. olive oil
    2 large yellow onions chopped
    2 large green bell peppers chopped
    1 large red pepper, chopped
    1 cup chopped celery
    2 pound top round or bottom round steak, cut into 1/2 inch cubes or smaller.
    2 Tbsp. chili powder
    1 tsp ground cumin
    1/2 tsp. leaf oregano
    2 Tbsp chopped fresh garlic
    1 can (28 oz.) diced tomatoes
    2 Tbsp tomato paste
    4 Tbsp Chipotle pepper paste (comes in cans packed in adobo sauce, just puree to a fine paste)
    1 cup water or stock
    Salt and pepper
    Chopped fresh cilantro

1. Salt and pepper meat and brown in a hot cast iron or heavy bottom pan with olive oil a little at a time, add to crock pot when done. (It does not need to be fully cooked at this point, just browned.)

2. Sautee onions in the same pan (without cleaning) 5 minutes. Add to crock-pot.

3. Sautee peppers (both colors) and add to crock-pot. Add garlic and spices to the pan and saut? about 30 seconds to 1 minute till fragrant

4. Add Chipotle paste and tomato paste and saut? a minute more, and then add some of the water or stock to the pan and stir off any brown bits (fond) from the bottom of the pan. Pour into the crock pot with the rest of the ingredients.

5. Add celery and can of tomatoes to crock pot with the rest of the water or stock and then turn on high until it comes to a light simmer. Turn down and cook for another 25-30 minutes if using top round. For bottom round cook for 1 1/2 hours total.

6. Add chopped fresh cilantro and garnish with sour cream and chopped red onions if desired.

Per portion without rice made with beef top round:
    Calories 297
    Fat 15g
    Protein 27g
    Carbohydrates 14g
    Dietary Fiber 4g

This sounds awesome, Im going to the store tonight, to cook tomorrow,, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Deftone View Post
      This sounds awesome, Im going to the store tonight, to cook tomorrow,, thanks.
      Lets us know what you think of it.

Comment

Its in ht e crock pot bro, I'll let ya know, I know I'll like it, the true test is my boys and ol lady.

Comment

Family loved it, awesome recipe. Thanks FIST.

Comment

sounds good that one, didn't see the "Makes 8 portions" right at the start and was reading it thinking sound like one big dinner this one haha

Comment

Originally posted by jimmy93 View Post
              sounds good that one, didn't see the "Makes 8 portions" right at the start and was reading it thinking sound like one big dinner this one haha

I like to make this and seperate it into 8 portions then freeze them and whenever I want I have a quick healthy meal.

Comment

Originally posted by F.I.S.T. View Post
                I like to make this and seperate it into 8 portions then freeze them and whenever I want I have a quick healthy meal.
                Great idea, my dumbass wouldnt thank to do someting simple like that, I've been eating the leftovers in soft tortilla shells.

Comment

Originally posted by Deftone View Post
                  Great idea, my dumbass wouldnt thank to do someting simple like that, I've been eating the leftovers in soft tortilla shells.
                  LOL.hey brother as long as you get it down.But try my way.a little easier.LOL

Comment

Working...
                  X