PDA

View Full Version : sam1976's log : Pt.2 contest prep wk8-0

sam1976
06-19-2010, 12:25 AM
so this is a part two to my original 1-test cyp log. i've decided to make a split from the original thread for a few reasons. although i'm still running 1-test cyp(DHB) and decided to all the way to the show, i am adding a bunch of other GP products along the way. this is crunch time. before i was coasting along, trying to get leaner and grow all at once. at this point, i'm at 8 wks out. for now, my diet is similar, but soon, we'll be turning up the fire...aka, i'm going to start feeling like shit!

so remembering i'm 8 wks out now, the cycle tentatively looks like this. i never stick to a specific plan but more so, an outline. i will change things if needed, ok, so here it is :

test cyp 800mg EW wk 8-4
GP test prop 600mg EW wk 4-1ish
GP 1test cyp 400mg EW wk 8-0
GP MENT 75mg EOD wk 8-2, then 50mg ED wk 2-0
GP winny 50mg ED wk 6-0
GP halo 20-30mg ED wk 3-0
gh 4iu ED wk8-1ish
t3 25mcg ED wk8-1ish
adex .5mg EOD wk8-1, then .5mg ED wk 1-0
clen on/off
eca on/off
dyazide day of show

i need to give a big hardy THANKS to Naps for his role in all of this. this is amazing, top notch gear and if you don't want to take my word for it, just watch this transformation. tomorrow (saturday) i will be exactly 8 wks out. i will post a pic on saturday and every following saturday until the show. i started dieting around 206-210. right now, i am 194 lbs, and going for MW.

if you have any questions along the way, feel free to ask here.

let the pain begin!!

GXR64
06-20-2010, 05:09 PM
Nice im in to watch this, good luck sam. Naps is g2g on the gear i agree with you big time.

sam1976
06-21-2010, 10:00 AM
thanks grx. i'll post my first set of pics up after work today...

sam1976
06-22-2010, 02:41 AM
ok, so my girl found a great place to shoot the pics at our gym. i want to make sure that light is fairly consistent from wk to wk. i think this will work. i can see that i'm holding fat in my low back, midsection and glutes. if there is one thing i'd really like to do, it's have thicker abs. i work them hard and still they remain shallow, while so many guys never do ab work and has an awesome core.

so the scale said 194 the other day. my diet guy, who i will refer to as rick from now on, adjusted my diet a bit. he's getting ready for USAs, and i secretly think he's looking forward to seeing me suffer so that he knows someone else feels as shitty as he does. i'm joking. no longer am i getting 300g protein and 400g carbs. those days are over . for now, we're going to keep protein the same and move carbs down to 250g. fat about 35-45g, mostly in the form of natty peanut and almond butter as well as my red meat meals.

also, i knew this day had to come. this week is the start of cardio!! just 30 minutes, steady state, post training, 5 days a week.

and something i forgot to say in my opeing post.
thanks for reading and following my journey. i am really grateful for the support.

GXR64
06-22-2010, 04:37 AM
Your alredy pretty lean bro, i can see where your holding but its not a whole hell of a lot. Already have sick quad seperation and have the veins going. Should come in really well bro. I will be following along. If it makes you feel any better i am dieting down also so your not alone suffering :D

sam1976
06-22-2010, 12:02 PM
Your alredy pretty lean bro, i can see where your holding but its not a whole hell of a lot. Already have sick quad seperation and have the veins going. Should come in really well bro. I will be following along. If it makes you feel any better i am dieting down also so your not alone suffering :D

good, it's nice to know others will be in pain too! j/k

sam1976
06-25-2010, 11:53 PM
i think the ment is starting to kick in. i was feeling more aggressive in the gym than normal. it reminded me of the intensity i feel on tren.

GXR64
06-26-2010, 01:08 AM
oh that intensity is GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sam1976
06-27-2010, 01:28 AM
i'm going to be honest. i'm not really happy with where i am. i need another 20 lbs.

this week, i think i've lost a little more water from sweating during cardio. the ment is starting to kick in. i can feel an added aggression in the gym. i had a loooong day at work, rested for 30 minutes, went to the gym, trained traps/delts/abbs, did cardio and shot this weeks set of pics. i think part of what i dont liek about these pics is me, but i also think the camera is angled slightly, making my upper body further from the lens. anyway, with 20 more lbs, i probably wouldn't be nearly as concerned.

another couple years, and i'll get there....

GXR64
06-27-2010, 02:56 AM
so are you growing into your show? I agree the camera does seem to be pointed up giving your upper body a further away look. also do you pin your right delt?

sam1976
06-27-2010, 01:08 PM
i'm trying to grow into it. it's tougher getting that balance down though this year, than it was before. realistically, i can't grow too much without moving into the next weight class(where i really should be anyway).

i see what you're saying about the delt. i hit both delts. i had just done an inject in the right and it felt a little swollen. honestly though, it looks more notable in the that shot than it did in person. i actually just started adding bi's into the rotation to avoid using any single site too often. i was really surprised how easy they are to do.

GXR64
06-28-2010, 02:56 PM
i think its the angle that makes it noticiable is all, its not something that jumps out at you right away. I was looking over your pic and seeing your changes and just happened to notice it had to look twice. Keep up the hard work bro.

sam1976
06-30-2010, 03:36 PM
i moved to ED injections. just less oil per site, per day.

also, i noticed that my body oder is changing...getting stronger. not so attractive. on tren, i smell like chemicals. now, at times, i kinda have smelled like i forgot my deodorant.

training is going really good. today, i had to lay down after training, before cardio, because i was about one rep/step away from puking. i did this leg session, forget who created it, to switch things up and kinda shock my quads. goes like this.

60 progressively hard reps on leg press, non stop, split like this. 20 with feet together, low on plate, 20 shoulder width, center of plate, final 20 reps far apart and high on the plate.
from there, go directly to the squat rack and do a weight you can do for 12 reps.

repeat this process for a total of 3 times.

then leg extensions. 3 sets each set looks like this...
10 reps of 100lbs, 10 reps of 80, 10 reps of 60, 10 1/4 reps of 100

GXR64
07-01-2010, 04:13 PM
damn sam i can def see why you were close to puking.

sam1976
07-03-2010, 03:53 PM
i think i have been feeling emotional....a little emo, lol. like i want to cry sometimes, over stupid things that i wouldn't cry over. maybe my estrogen is high? i'm running .5mg EOD adex. i can see i am holding a little water though. when i take my socks off, i can see/feel the marks in my legs. for jr nationals, george farah just had a friend running a combo of adex plus letro, at a reduced dose. i'm thinking about following that and seeing how it works out. not sure of the exact dose right now, but i'll tell you what... he brought this kid in hard and dry...

GXR64
07-03-2010, 05:39 PM
interested to see that protocol bro, sucks to hear about the emo thing, i think we all go through it at some point though.

dr.Stack
07-04-2010, 06:46 AM
progress is looking good!

methan
07-04-2010, 07:16 AM
nice progress mate, halo is great stuff and at this time its also extremely scarce; it causes a hard, vascular appearance on stage now as a strong androgenic means to balance with an anabolic mild basic like Boldenone or Primobolan, also if u can have some Oxandrolone 3 x 10-20 mg/day that's can be useful to your cycle.

sam1976
07-06-2010, 08:10 PM
we shot these pics yesterday, a couple days less than 6 wks out.they aren't in great light but you can see that i'm starting to tighten up quickly. i'm feeling pretty strong still at this point.the MENT is doing its thing, no question. it isn't as dramatic as tren, but it's giving me a good amount of stable usable aggression in the gym. tomorrow i'll be starting the GP winny...look out!:eek:

Conrad
07-06-2010, 08:48 PM
Great log and very detailed. I am along for this prep. Glad to see your using Naps. Guys are top notch in my book and highly recommend them to anyone.

GXR64
07-06-2010, 10:30 PM
coming along nicely sam, the lower back is looking better now too. keep at it bro.

sam1976
07-07-2010, 11:41 AM
thanks conrad. thanks grx. :)

sam1976
07-08-2010, 03:31 PM
i saw rick yesterday. we worked on posing and implemented some new changes.

cardio is bumped to 45 mintues.
carb schedule is 150, 75, 25, repeat.
posing every day now

things are starting to get a little uncomfortable now. up until recently, i've been able to maintain a good mood(most of the time). i've skirted around having to deal with much discomfort. thing is, that isn't going to get me where i need to be. hunger makes it hard to sleep and stay asleep. i wake up early and do my cardio so that i can get my first meal in.

DRUG UPDATE :

i started the gp winny yesterday. 40mg for the first wk, then bump to 50 and finally, 70mg for the last 10 days. we're bumping adex to .5mg ED. i'm starting to question if MENT was the right route for me. it is very good and it is certainly helping me in this prep, and though i love the lack of negative sides, it's still no tren. if i were not competing and wanted to get lean and look great, i think it would be about the best choice out there. but i feel in competition, it is worth sacrificing comfort if it will allow you to push further.

Conrad
07-08-2010, 07:53 PM
i saw rick yesterday. we worked on posing and implemented some new changes.

cardio is bumped to 45 mintues.
carb schedule is 150, 75, 25, repeat.
posing every day now

things are starting to get a little uncomfortable now. up until recently, i've been able to maintain a good mood(most of the time). i've skirted around having to deal with much discomfort. thing is, that isn't going to get me where i need to be. hunger makes it hard to sleep and stay asleep. i wake up early and do my cardio so that i can get my first meal in.

DRUG UPDATE :

i started the gp winny yesterday. 40mg for the first wk, then bump to 50 and finally, 70mg for the last 10 days. we're bumping adex to .5mg ED. i'm starting to question if MENT was the right route for me. it is very good and it is certainly helping me in this prep, and though i love the lack of negative sides, it's still no tren. if i were not competing and wanted to get lean and look great, i think it would be about the best choice out there. but i feel in competition, it is worth sacrificing comfort if it will allow you to push further.

I like seeing the way you guys have set up the protocol for the GP Winny. I take it your using the 10mg winny? Naps has a geat price on the winny, 10mg or 50mg. I personally like using the 10mg as I have used a protocol similar to the one your using right now. You definitely get more bang for you buck with GP products. It is a very effective product and I know you will be pleased! Let's see some pitcures in a couple weeks proving the results.

Keep up the hard work. You who great dedication.

sam1976
07-09-2010, 11:38 PM
yea i really like this protocol too. it's like you dont have to blow your wad all at once. as your body gets used to the androgen level, you can up the dose. i plan to do the same thing with the halo for the last 2 wks. i'll start with 10mg for a few days, then 20 for a few days, then stay at 30 until the last wk, where i'll divide the rest and end up with about 40mg ED. in part, with the halo, it's going to be to see how much i can tolerate. last year, i used only 20mg and found myself feeling bitch and uncomfortable shortly after i'd take it. but man was it awesome!

sam1976
07-14-2010, 01:58 AM
we're moving to 1mg ED of adex and switching to prop, 100mg ED. rick didnt realize i was still on cyp and said if i was going to swap it for prop, it would have been best to do it at 6 wks out. oh well, he's been pretty busy trying to make his weight class for the USA's at the end of this month. for some reason, i was thinking to switch at 4 wks out.

things are coming along. i can see myself tightening up now. the diet isn't quite as easy as it was before. on my low carb days, i feel and look flat. i am starting to have to deal with cravings on a more regular basis. i need to order some protein and some tan products. i think i'm going to pick up some SAN tight extreme. i had a couple samples and it was great at killings my appetite.

sam1976
07-23-2010, 11:03 PM
more updates...at this point, changes pretty much = more suffering! lol, not that i'm complaining. i am loving every minute of it...well, almost every minute of it...well...the idea of it.....really, i don't even know anymore, but i can't imagine not being where i am, if that makes sense??

anyway, yea, updates. well, today was the one day i got off of work this week. this morning i went in to do my AM fasted cardio on my trusty step mill and then met a friend, who is a NPC judge and promoter. she spent a bunch of time with me after cardio, going over my posing.after that i got to shop at trader joes, where i picked up some amazing tuna steaks, ate and napped. this evening, i went back to train and meet rick to get some advice on learning to properly show my 'christmas tree'. it's something i hadn't fully understood before, but now feel ready to tackle. man, is it hard to do while still flexing your glutes and hams! we talked a little more and he added some new changes to the plan. i have a hard time staying covered up with layers while i train with weights. we have no air conditioning and my strength gets zapped fast. still, rick wants me to stay covered up to get rid of more water, so starting tomorrow, i'm going to try it again. i do stay covered during cardio, but he says it's not enough. we're also changing my training. from here, we're going to a schedule of 2 bodyparts a day, everything hit 2 times a wk. super sets, drop sets, ect. 45 minutes in and out. 12-16 sets per group, still going as heavy as i can. next week, we're probably going to zero carbs. i am already getting depleted on 40 carbs a day. i can see it and feel it. i'm shrinking and it's fucking with my head a little. still, i'm getting leaner and leaner. i know a carb up will bring the fullness back out.plus, at this point, i'm pretty sure glutes should be in for the show . tomorrow, i'll be starting halo, just 10mg preworkout. then we'll eventally build the dose to 30-40mg. by the time i get to 3 tabs a day, my girl will have finished her show and be eating carbs again. let me just say, that is lucky for both of us! thanks for following along. we shot some new, totally flat pics today and i'll get them uploaded soon.

sam1976
07-28-2010, 05:38 PM
man, i finally got a day off of work! in the last 14 days, i had one day off. plus, i'm doing this show prep and dealing with my girl preparing for hers. FUCKKKKKK!!! lol, ok, i got that out of my system.

so anyway, i'm on zero carbs now and suffering pretty good. the only foods i'm eating are white fish, chicken breast, asparagus and broccoli. work is hard and my days are long. they've had me on afternoons, working noon to 9. sooo, i'm getting up at 5am to do my first round of cardio. come home, eat, cook my meals for the day. rest 30mintues. then eat again. go to gym, train, cardio round 2, pose for 20 minutes. rush home to get ready for work. then work, doing a physical job until 9pm, tan after that, go home, take my injection. sleep. repeat. i know i couldn't keep this up forever.

training is different now.starting a few days ago, rick has me doing 2 body parts per workout, superset with one another. no rest days. so i'm training chest/back, legs/bi's, delts/tris, repeat. staying covered up and sweating as much as i can. doing drop sets, moving fast, yet pushing the most weight i can still handle.

i dont feel up to posting pics this week. i'm flat and feel low. i am getting tighter though. my glutes are coming in and i'm getting harder every day. i can't wait to see what i look like after i drop water.

sam1976
08-06-2010, 05:01 PM
well, i'm feeling excited. the smell of protan is in the air at the sam1976 home. my girl is carbing up and we're putting her first coat of paint on. i have the next 3 days off which is great. saturday, the day of her show, is going to be tough. i'm going to need to get to the gym for my final leg training session between her prejudging and the finals. in crappy news, i'm starting to feel dried out in my left elbow. lets hope the winny doesn't get me too brittle within the next week.

sam1976
08-13-2010, 10:39 PM
it's about that time, fellas. tomorrow is the big day. i've been carbing back up since yesterday. cut water today at noon. now at 6:30, i'm seeing a difference. i've got several coats of color on and i'm just kicking back, staying chill, passing the time and posing on and off between feedings. we started with brown rice this morning and for my next meal, we're moving into white rice. i'm excited. give me a few and i'll shoot some pics to show you how things are coming together.

sam1976
08-22-2010, 10:47 PM
hey guys, it's been a little while since i posted. sorry for my absence. life got crazy getting ready for the show and then i stepped back a bit. i've posted some over at OLM, but for the most part, i needed a little break. anyway....so the show was good. i got pretty much smoked, but it was good. i took 6th out of 9 guys. some guys were already nationally qualified, some were looking to re qualify. so as you can imagine, for my second year as a competitive bodybuilder, i was outclassed. still, i had a great time and got some good experience. they worked us hard in prejudging and pushed us to our ends. i was thankful i spent so much time practicing posing. while some guys were gasping, i was still cool and calm. also, i was the leanest guy on stage, which made me feel pretty good. like i said, i knew i wouldn't be the biggest, but i could be the leanest. unfortunately, my conditioning wasn't enough to outdo some of the amazing and beautiful shapes that some of the other competitors had. i just needed more muscle. what was nice was the head judge of our state pulled me aside to tell me his thoughts. he said what i already knew. i had the conditioning and presentation. now it'll just be a matter of time and the size will come. since i'm in shape, i plan to do another show on sept 11th. the more stage time i can get, the better. here are a few pics.

dino
08-23-2010, 04:49 AM
Good job!! I read you will do another show, what's your plan? don't you believe it's time to eat, eat and eat? After a strict diet like your you can eat what you want for 2 week at least and get a lot of quality mass. or the show's addiction is better than food? LOL

sam1976
08-23-2010, 10:26 AM
thanks dino. well the next show is just in 3 wks, so i don't have that much time to pig out. as a matter of fact, that only lasted a day. after that day, i put on 20 lbs of water! since then, i kept my carbs and calories high, but this week, am getting them lower again. the water is coming off and i'm starting to see more vascularity through my abs again. i still need to come down about 10 more lbs. i figure it's only a few wks. i'm already in shape. why not get on stage again. this show will be slightly smaller. i'm sure i'll be more competitive there. then i'll start eating and growing. once i start the off season, it's going to last 18 months, the longest time i've taken without a cutting diet, so i'm in no big rush. i'll have a lot of time to grow. ideally, i'll move up a weight class and come back in 2012, bigger than ever, with the plan to get to jr nationals or jr usa's

dino
08-24-2010, 04:53 AM
20 lbs of water? ok i understand: good luck for the next show i'm sure you will be in shape!!

sam1976
08-24-2010, 10:03 AM
20 lbs of water? ok i understand: good luck for the next show i'm sure you will be in shape!!

yea, forgive me if if you already knew this but after cutting water dramatically and using diuretics, basically messing up your electrolytes to an extreme degree, it's easy to have a water rebound effect, especially if you aren't careful with your sodium intake. plus, my body really doesn't want to be depleted down to what it had to be to compete. i'm having a hard time getting it together again, after having taken it a little easier for a few days. i'm finding it harder to get strict again. i know i can do it though. i'll keep you guys posted as it comes together.

oh and for this last leg of the season, we changed up the compounds. i'm still using the geneza prop, but now i'm running GP mast, GP oral tren and GP provorin. the tren is pretty intense and only took 2-3 days to kick in. i was taking 2 tabs a day with the plan to work up to 3 or 4, but due to side effects, i actually had to back it down to 1/2 tab, 3 times a day, until i can get used to it, then i'll try to keep moving it up 1/2 tab at a time.

Conjurer968
08-25-2010, 04:59 AM
Dude you are ripped!! Great work!