Critique My diet, please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Critique My diet, please.

This is my daily intake. Looking for some input on it. I will take advise from anyone and would especially appreciate it from some of the mods. These are my current stats: 6ft, 212 lbs, 15% bf, 30 yrs old. I lift 5 days a week and usually do 3 or 4 cardio sessions.

4am - pre-workout: 2 whole eggs, 1 cup egg whites, half cup Oats
    6am - post-workout: small gatorade and 2 scoops monster milk whey lactose free
    7:30 or 8am: 9 oz ground turkey, 1 med apple, 1 slice whole grain bread
    11am: 10 oz steak, 1 1/2 cups steamed spinach, 1 half yam, 2 tbsps olive oil
    2pm: 1 boiled chicken breast, 1 banana
    5pm: 8 oz tilapia, 2 cups steamed brocolli, 1 slice whole grain bread
    1 to 1.5 gallons of water daily

Totals are as follows: Calories: 2900, carbs: 215, protein:290, fat: 80

While on cycle I will be adding another whey shake before bed, 2 or 3 tbsps peanut butter, 1 cup of brown rice a day and another 1/2 cup of oats.
    That should put me around 4000 calories, 315 carbs, 370 grams of protein, and 120 grams of fat.
    One side is that I am extremely lactose intolerant so no dairy!

thanks in advance for your input
    sixteentons
    Last edited by sixteentons; 05-20-2011, 07:25 PM.

The diet looks good + easy to add to for Bulking, I am no Diet guy but ur Maint calories seem a little low for so much activity? I lift 5 days a week and usually do 3 or 4 cardio sessions.? I like the bulk cal's though 4000! -

Just my preference/opinion but I would move that slice of whole grain bread to the 2p meal, I don't like carb's close to Bedtime. (which I assume is early since u get up 2 the obscene time of 4am).
    ODB
    Last edited by ODB; 05-23-2011, 01:05 PM.
    "GYM + JUICE"

Comment

The diet does look pretty clean.The 4k cals is a much better plan and the dsooner you move it up to that the better if you're planning on bulking.Now with that said.....

What are your goals with this diet?Bulk as much as possible and cut it up later or stay as lean as possible thoughout?

Comment

Thanks for the responses.
        F.I.S.T. - The diet I posted is what I am doing now and like everyone i'm trying to stay fairly lean and gain muscle. With that said when I start my cycle up in about a month I want to add as much mass as possible. I will still continue to eat clean (no fast food, no proccessed foods, no soda, limited alcohal) but I have no illusions of gaining 30lbs and keeping a 6 pack. I can lose whatever water weight and fat later and I don't want to short change my muscle gains.

Comment

Originally posted by sixteentons View Post
          Thanks for the responses.
          F.I.S.T. - The diet I posted is what I am doing now and like everyone i'm trying to stay fairly lean and gain muscle. With that said when I start my cycle up in about a month I want to add as much mass as possible. I will still continue to eat clean (no fast food, no proccessed foods, no soda, limited alcohal) but I have no illusions of gaining 30lbs and keeping a 6 pack. I can lose whatever water weight and fat later and I don't want to short change my muscle gains.
          Great.So bulking is your goal,as is most of us,so then upping the cals is a must.4-5k would be your goal.As for the clean part,well dirtying it up just a little wont kill you.Yes,you will gain some fat and as you said,lose your 6 pack,but thats not your goal.Mass takes MASS EATING.You don't have to eat cake all day,but adding 1-2 more quality meals a day is good.I used to have a premade protein shake in the fridge and wake up during the night and down it and go back to bed.May sound crazy but I had to do it to get that extra in as my time during my awake time was tough for me so this was the easiest.

Even adding some between meals snacks is a good way to get in some extra cals.Have some sandwiches made to take with you an eat thru the day or even easier protein bars.

You may even want to cut one of your cardio days out or at the least lessen the time of each session.Remember,this is your bulking time,you can tie it all in later.

Comment

Thanks FIST.
            And yes ODB it is an obscene time to get up LOL! But I start work at 7 and hate workin out afterwork. My gym is close to a couple highschools and a college. So way too many teenagers in there BSin' and texting or talking on there cell phones. The most I can do after work is jump on a treadmill. That way I don't go to jail for beatin' up a 17 yr old jersey shore wannabe.

Comment

Overall looks good. Only thing I would change is take out the gatorade and sub in water with 30g of BCAAs (Xtend has great flavors).

Also your 11 am meal is pretty heavy. I'd move the spinach and olive oil to 2pm and just have the steak and yam for 11 am.

Comment

Originally posted by GirlyMan View Post
                Overall looks good. Only thing I would change is take out the gatorade and sub in water with 30g of BCAAs (Xtend has great flavors).

Also your 11 am meal is pretty heavy. I'd move the spinach and olive oil to 2pm and just have the steak and yam for 11 am.
                Good advice. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                X