advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• advice

Hi guys. I'm pretty good with all my lifting but my diet could use some work especially since i will be starting my first cycle when it comes in! I was curious what my intake of carbs and protein should be while on cycle. My build was posted on another link as well!
    STATS:
    5'8
    171 (mind you im usually at 180 i'm fighting 3 infections right now)
    I don't ever get too surgical with my diet but i want it to be right because i wan't to look my best for summer! Cycle is as follows:
    GP BOLD 200 @ 600mg a week for 10 weeks
    GP SUST 270 @ 500mg a week for 10 weeks
    this could change because i'm thinking of extended it to 16 weeks due to how late i'll be starting ( would like to keep looking great through Sept! maybe OCT! This might be harsh for my 1st cycle but i will run it till i have to stop! hopefully i <3 it though! anyways.. my workouts go something like this. 3 strength training days chest/back biceps/shoulders legs. i do these once a week. They last now more than 2 hours. occasionally 2 and a half. with leg days being shorter (around 1 and a half) I also dedicate 2 hours to core and corrective stretching a week via another trainer so that it's always second opinioned! My cardio will be subject to change if i am not seeing gains ( hence why i need help on my diet ). I run 2-3 miles twice a week and i play basketball and football throughout the week. I know this is alot, and i will have to be gorging food. With all this put together.. what should my ideal protein and carbs be for growth? My recover time with nothing but protein 60g on top of my normal diet is usually only 1 day! Ah the luxeries of being young! I will enjoy while i can! I am iwlling to change things up a bit but for the most part i am pretty stuck in my lifting ways.. they've always worked for me. I will give an example of a daily meal. Breakfast: 6 scrambled eggs with 1/4 cup pace picante sauce and 1/8 cup graded cheese. 1-2 cups oatmeal (dry) i take 2 on hard training days. and 60g of protein! GNC amplified wheybolic 60. I take animal pak with breakfast. Lunch is uaually a footlong flatbreak chicken sub from subway or 3 or 4 tuna sandwiches. Sometimes i grill chicken for lunch, sometimes i dont. When i do i eat a full frozen vegetable bag for carbs and daily veggies! Usually mixed! Dinner consists of whatever i feel. I would say it's a clean meal 5 days of the week! Snacks are halfed PB sandwiches, assorted fruits, nuts, avacados, so on and so forth! If any info is still needed please ask! Thanks in advance JM. You guys have been very helpful so far and i am grateful! Oops forgot one thing, i run crossfit occasionally as well! just once a week if that!

While on cycle i will be adding 60g of protein to post workout and 30 before bed!

Comment

You're body can only absorb 30 grams of protein at 1 time so you may want to spread you're protein intake out over the day to get the most out of it. Good luck.
      Knowledge Is Power

Comment

Originally posted by BACKAGAIN View Post
        You're body can only absorb 30 grams of protein at 1 time so you may want to spread you're protein intake out over the day to get the most out of it. Good luck.
        thats not true, there has never been any proof to that claim that you can only break down 30g at once. I take around 50-60 post workout, and i'm bulking now, I have a real problem with getting in enough food but I would try for 1-1.5 gram of protein per pound of bw, and 2-3 grams of carbs.

Comment

Originally posted by BACKAGAIN View Post
          This is true. I wrote a thesis paper on ATP Production and breakdown of amino acids on this for bio-chem. I will admit that getting a large amount of protein gives me a better state of mind that I'm getting proper nutrition. Djuiced, your most important meal in breakfast, pre-workout and post workout. Save the largest calories for breakfast and lunch. It seems like you know what your doing. I dont like doing stretching sessions but it can do wonders for muscle building. I love me some PB and bread. Is GNC protein better then 5 years ago? I remember it didnt breakdown easy and tasted like shit.
          Muscles are made in the kitchen, not in the gym. Eat big to get big.

Comment

YES! their Amplified Wheybolic Extreme 60 is awesome! I swear by it and recomment to all my clients. Everyone reacts different to it though.. It works for me though! It breaks down VERY well and the new fruit punch flavor kicks ass! Get a blender ball and you're G2G! And ya! If you're not hurting on money.. why not take a chance and shit a little extra protein out? doesn't hurt does it? lol

and as for Maf! I am the same way 40-60g depending on how big my post workout meal is. ( i workout between breakfast and lunch.. always. )

Comment

i really need something to increase my appetite though! I have been seek for a week and a half.. any suggestions? went from 180 now i'm down to 171 as of yesterday. FAIL

Comment

Dbolli that cant possibly be true, how many bodybuilders that weigh over 250 pounds do you know that can only absorb 30'gs or protein per sitting ? That would be a complete waste when they sit there and eat 50'g or more of protein per meal. Honestly mate , I suppose you also think that eating several meals per day is also better compared to 3 meals ? I have used the Intermittent Fasting techniques before and if you go to the leangains site it disproves the fact of the whole "your body can only absorb x amount of protein per sitting" I was eating 3 meals a day and each meal was at LEAST 70'g of protein . If I was only able to absorb 30'gs I think I would notice bigtime since that would only be what ? 90's grams of protein total on a 205 pound man ? Leangains also debunks the whole " eat 6 times a day is sooo much better then eating only 3x a day" I personally now like eating 3x a day compared to when I use to eat 7 meals a day , less hassle , less thinking about what to eat next and timing .

Comment

Djuiced if you cant bring yourself to eat mate why are you about to run a cycle of some good compounds?? My thoughts of this right now is that your being a big BIG poon, even though im cutting at the moment of course the thought of bulking and eating tons of healthy foods and getting stronger sounds wonderful , but even when I do bulk I know not to be such a woman about not being able to eat because I know that when I decide to diet back down I will greatly miss the amounts of food im able to eat. So please man up . Go EATTTTT

Comment

lol.... definitely have to feed the machine... don't eat when your hungry, eat when the preset alarm on your watch goes off... I definitely see better bulkiing and am able to eat more when I eat 6 or 7 times/day... I'm 250 so when i'm bulking I try to get a good 300+ protein/day... which is three good meaty meals and at least 3 big shakes

I also don't buy the 30g protien max thing... most all my drinks have at least 50+ grams... but I do however try to mix up the type of protein... usually like 30 whey, 10 from milk and 10 from yogurt in one drink... different proteins have different bio availabilities... it takes the body longer to break down chicken than to absorb whey, or milk, or eggs.. which is why for brecky instead of just a load of eggs I try to add in some meat and drink milk... your body will grab the easy stuff immediately and then more slowly absorb the meat protiens over the next couple hours.

Comment

Originally posted by sebaco2011 View Post
                      Dbolli that cant possibly be true, how many bodybuilders that weigh over 250 pounds do you know that can only absorb 30'gs or protein per sitting ? That would be a complete waste when they sit there and eat 50'g or more of protein per meal. Honestly mate , I suppose you also think that eating several meals per day is also better compared to 3 meals ? I have used the Intermittent Fasting techniques before and if you go to the leangains site it disproves the fact of the whole "your body can only absorb x amount of protein per sitting" I was eating 3 meals a day and each meal was at LEAST 70'g of protein . If I was only able to absorb 30'gs I think I would notice bigtime since that would only be what ? 90's grams of protein total on a 205 pound man ? Leangains also debunks the whole " eat 6 times a day is sooo much better then eating only 3x a day" I personally now like eating 3x a day compared to when I use to eat 7 meals a day , less hassle , less thinking about what to eat next and timing .
                      Per sitting is an hour
                      Muscles are made in the kitchen, not in the gym. Eat big to get big.

Comment

lol my diet is good again. i said i couldnt eat because i was sick! lol not because i was being a vagina. 7 amToday : 6 eggs 1/4 cup picante 1/8cup cheese 2 cups milk 2 cups wheaties fuel! worked biceps shoulders.. :30g protein 1 pm lunch: 2 cups red potatoes 1 cup green beans. 1/4 stick margarine and some rosemary. mmmm. 12 oz. tuna steak. okay i got hungry. snack around 3:00 pm.. peanut butter sandwich and a banana.. another glass of milk.. it's 4:30 now.. im ready for dinner =)

Comment

i think diet is more on a case by case basis.. especially being a personal trainer i see how all variables effect us. You have to do what works for you. The purpose of the post was me inquiring info on a possible remedy to increase appetite while sick and on meds. =)

Comment

Working...
                          X