Need something to help me sleep

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need something to help me sleep

I'm about 4 weeks in to a 12 week cycle and can't get enough sleep. No matter what time I go to sleep, after about 6 hours, I wake up. I try to nap when I get a chance, but even then, I can only sleep 1 hour. Anybody have any suggestions? Won't mess with chronic or prescriptions.

What gear are you taking? What is your regiment? Have you tried melatonin?

Comment

melatonin, what does your cycle look like?
      Pain is just weakness leaving the body

Comment

Im having the same problem mate. Tried sleeping pills from the docs, melatonin and even did 1 hour of cardio at night hoping it would help.... Nope!!

Its shit cos i take gear for the gym, it keeps me awake then im too tired to train hard. Catch 22 situation. Some people are just sensitive to this i think. It might sound childish but warm milk before bed actually helps relax me and helps me sleep a little better... But only a little.

Comment

Originally posted by Bordy View Post
          Anybody have any suggestions? Won't mess with chronic or prescriptions.
          TURKEY = protein + L-Tryptophan - helps u sleep
          "GYM + JUICE"

Comment

Taking 750 mg/wk Test, 600 mg/wk EQ, 50 mg/day Winny(oral). I haven' t tried melatonin.

Comment

Oh yeah, Doing 2 a days. 55 minutes of weights and 30 minutes of cardio in the morning, and 25 minutes of weights and 50 minutes of cardio in the evening.

Comment

Valerian root and melatonin gets me to sleep but I wake up after 6 hours too. It takes effect pretty quick so maybe when you wake up you pop another one to get you back to sleep for another few hours. With me it doesnt cause drowsiness either. Other than that I have been told that a Magnesium/Zinc supp works for sleep. Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by ODB View Post
                  TURKEY = protein + L-Tryptophan - helps u sleep
                  So thats why i always fall asleep after my Christmas dinner.. Its the damn Turkey. ha ha

Comment

Quit trying to take naps. Take benadryl or melatonin.
                    Muscles are made in the kitchen, not in the gym. Eat big to get big.

Comment

Try Valerian root from any vitamin or drug store in conjunction with melatonin. Great combo. And cut down the cardio before bed. You raise your O2 levels and it can make sleep difficult. Count your blessings, I get up 4-5 times a night and I'm not even on cycle now.

Comment

Working...
                      X