price of whey to go up? way up??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• price of whey to go up? way up??

dante trudel, the owner of true protein and creator of DC training, posted this up at intense muscle. lets hope this does not come to be ................

****Remember 2 years ago when I warned you about the oncoming milk shortage and what it would do to whey protein prices? And across the board whey protein prices rose.....

This makes that look like a blip.

I am forewarning everyone. Two major soft drink company's (here I'll make it easy, they begin with C and P to narrow it down, thats all I'll say).....have pretty much shut down the whey protein industry for the rest of 2010. The one company is coming out with a RTD whey product and the other company and their "Alligatorade" drink (think about it) bought a half a billion pounds of whey protein in which they are going to launch their Ready To Drink protein product. Now to do this they bought up all the raw ingredients from all corners or the earth and even existing product out there to tweak into their product. The other company bought a tremendous amount of whey from Asia which in turn is making a huge shortage here in the United States with manufacturers trying to catch up.

This "Alligatorade" drink company acquisition is going to drive whey protein prices skyrocketing northward. The problem is whey is a byproduct of cheese/dairy and the dairies arent going to start manufacturing more cheese to get more byproduct=whey protein (and throw away the cheese).

So and im strongly warning you on this....STRONGLY...trust me that this is going to happen. They bought up a tremendous amount of raw ingredients of whey isolate to mix into their sugar water. 500 million pounds....The other company bought up a tremendous amount of whey protein concentrate.

Whats this mean to you?

We are going to try our best to hold the line but what we are being told is whey protein could very well go to 2 - 3 times the price per pound of what it currently is. And I mean this across the board from every single protein powder company out there.....and in any and every area of whey protein being sold out there.

We probably are in the process of getting rid of the recession whey protein pricing right today due to this but we are going to try to hold out on everything else as long as we can. You will see whey protein powder prices rise and rise and rise for the next month after month after month elsewhere in stores, in retails sites....everywhere.

Do you still want to "be like Mike"?

My prediction? That sugar water company will abandon this in early 2011 after it fails miserably but the tremendous damage will be done by then
    if you are new to the board, please take a minute to read the rules...CLICK HERE

wtf? is this true?

Comment

i do know that protein prices are going up, how much... not sure.. as for the 2 new companies coming out with rtds we will have too see.. but i do know that protein is going up in price..

Comment

yes protein will go up in price. Shouldnt be to much more than a couple of dollars.
        http://www.napsgear.net/affiliate_sh..._banner_id=166

Comment

If you are in the U.S then yes, every other country it will be way more.. U.S are the biggest distributors for Protein, Glanbia (aka Optimum Nutrition) are the largest source in the world.

Comment

the price can only rise as much as the market will handle.

if demand is low and cost is high, they will just stop making it or sell it cheaper.

whole foods are better anyways.

Comment

ON has already slowed there manufacturing down and a few others have raised there prices.

Comment

Damn.. that would suck.
                Shits already expensive here in Canada, lol.

Comment

I hear ya Gawd, better off going to maple lodge and getting a shit load of chicken breasts lmao

Comment

Originally posted by strongmann View Post
                    I hear ya Gawd, better off going to maple lodge and getting a shit load of chicken breasts lmao
                    Good idea, lol.
                    *actually just looked into it, Maple Lodge is located in Ontario though, haha*

I should see if there's a chicken farm around here or something where I can get a bunch of it for cheaper then the grocery store.

I want Phil Heaths deal, lol.. free 20 lbs of chicken a week.

Comment

It may end up costing just as much to eat more food than to comsume whey products.

Comment

If it lasts to long even the bigger companies will have to raise there prices then yeah it will be stupid expensive.

Comment

Supply and Demand. Regardless of cost, the market will sustain the price increase or it wont.

That simple.

Whole foods FTW!

Comment

Working...
                          X