workout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• workout

Yo dudes! So i have been going through these threads and looking at guys workouts they post and I have to say, that they dont seem very intense. I honestly spend at least an hour and half every time. I get in about 15 min of light cardio before every workout to get my blood going. Before i go and lay out my workout all im saying is that i feel like i do more exercises for the muscle groups. I try to do acouple of exercises for power and a couple for concentration and really separating muscles. I definitely make sure to work my muslce groups separate and space them out only once a week... so thats kinda my take on it... i would like to see a more intense workout but then again i could be wrong since im new on the scene... any feedback?

Intensity in a workout doesnt come from how many reps and sets you do, or how much time you spend at the gym, but by going to failure every set! I'm only in the gym about 45 minutes but I blast my muscle. Going to failure using the heaviest weight possible is the key to my intensity!

Comment

Day 1 Chest and Tri's
      Bench press- 1 warmup set of 15 reps and then 3 sets of 6 reps increasing weight each set
      peck deck- 1 warmup set of 15 reps and then 3 sets of 6 reps increasing weight each set
      tricep pull down- 1 warmup set of 15 reps and then 3 sets of 6 reps increasing weight each set
      overhead dumbell tricep extension- 1 warmup set of 15 reps and then 3 sets of 6 reps increasing weight each set
      cross cable flys- 1 warmup set of 15 reps and then 3 sets of 10 reps increasing weight each set
      incline bench- 1 warmup set of 15 reps and then 3 sets of 6 reps increasing weight each set
      dips- 3 sets of 12 reps

Day 2- Biceps,abs,calves
      standing Dumbell Curl- 1 warmup set of 15 reps and then 3 sets of 8 reps increasing weight each set
      standing Hammer Curl- 1 warmup set of 15 reps and then 3 sets of 3 reps increasing weight each set
      standing dumbbell calve raises- 1 warmup set of 15 reps and then 3 sets of 12 reps increasing weight each set
      ab crunch machine- 1 warmup set of 25 reps and then 3 sets of 15 reps increasing weight each set
      donkey calf machine?- 1 warmup set of 20 reps and then 3 sets of 12 reps increasing weight each set
      standard sit ups- 4 sets of 30 reps
      preacher curl- 1 warmup set of 15 reps and then 3 sets of 6 reps increasing weight each set
      seated db curl- 1 warmup set of 15 reps and then 3 sets of 6 reps increasing weight each set

Day 3- rest

Day 4- Shoulders/back
      Shrugs- 1 warmup set of 15 reps and then 3 sets of 8 reps increasing weight each set
      dumbbell raises to front-1 warmup set of 15 reps and then 3 sets of 6 reps increasing weight each set
      dumbbell raises to side-1 warmup set of 15 reps and then 3 sets of 6 reps increasing weight each set
      cable rows- 1 warmup set of 15 reps and then 3 sets of 10 reps increasing weight each set
      bent over dumbbell rows-1 warmup set of 15 reps and then 3 sets of 8 reps increasing weight each set
      shoulder raise machine- 1 warmup set of 15 reps and then 3 sets of 8 reps increasing weight each set
      lat pull downs- 1 warmup set of 15 reps and then 3 sets of 8 reps increasing weight each set
      lower back machine?-1 warmup set of 15 reps and then 3 sets of 10 reps increasing weight each set

day 5 - legs/forearms
      leg curl machine- 1 warmup set of 15 reps and then 3 sets of 10 reps increasing weight each set
      leg raise machine- 1 warmup set of 15 reps and then 3 sets of 6 reps increasing weight each set
      forarm dumbbell extension- 1 warmup set of 15 reps and then 3 sets of 6 reps increasing weight each set
      forearm db flexion- 1 warmup set of 15 reps and then 3 sets of 6 reps increasing weight each set
      lunges w db- 1 warmup set of 15 reps and then 3 sets of 6 reps increasing weight each set
      squats- 1 warmup set of 15 reps and then 3 sets of 6 reps increasing weight each set

Day6- rest

Day7- heavy cardio/soccer game

... then i start all over and as previously stated i get in about 15 min of light cardio before i workout. The reason i do a warmup set for each exercise is so that i can really get a feel for exactly how to use my muscles for that exercise before i increase weight. and btw i am currently all natural, only one cycle and its been like 3 years, no supplements but whey protein and a pretty clean diet for the most part. These workouts generally take 1.5 hrs. I like feeling exhausted when i leave like i have nothing left and for me it seems to work fairly well....
      matt23
      Last edited by matt23; 04-30-2011, 09:17 PM.

Comment

Fully agree with the little guy 100%. Spending too long in the gym is called overtraining

Comment

Thanks for posting all that info Matt23 and im not tryin to hijack Lifestyles response but I think you could lose all the warm up sets except for the first exercise. In my opinion that energy could be used on heavier weight which will get you bigger. If I did your routine I would get toned and lose weight but would not get stronger or bigger. Your goals might be different from mine but my routine is usually 1 body part per day 4 exercises per body part. I mix in forearms, calves, traps, and abs throughout the week. i generally don't spend longer than 45 minutes in the gym. When I am trying to cut weight I visit the gym a second time per day and do cardio. But I try to keep my muscle building and cardio seperate if possible. Food for thought........

Comment

Thank you Matt. This i really a good schedule and it covers all the things. But I want to work more on my arms and legs can I extend exercise of them. Please tell me can I do this or follow the same one?
            bedding

Comment

A simple workout is better to get good results..
              So we should always plan our workout simply to get the good the effective results..

Comment

Really nice workout plan,...I really like it because i am join gym and i am looking for a good balanced workout plan,..
                I thinks its best for me,..

Comment

Originally posted by mark View Post
                  Thank you Matt. This i really a good schedule and it covers all the things. But I want to work more on my arms and legs can I extend exercise of them. Please tell me can I do this or follow the same one?
                  sup bro? im not really following your question... what is it that you are asking?

Comment

what do you mean by plan our workout simply to get good effective results?

Comment

Are we getting hit with spam here? Whats up with the posts of broken english - they make zero sense. And whats up with the links on thier posts?

Comment

Originally posted by sixteentons View Post
                        Are we getting hit with spam here? Whats up with the posts of broken english - they make zero sense. And whats up with the links on thier posts?
                        oh ya! spammers! get em out of here!

Comment

A thought

From Dave Draper website. They say the first 45 mins at the gym your body starts producing more testosterone, but after one hour it starts to decline rapidly. The more it declines the longer it takes to get back to normal.
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X