Anavar and swelling?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anavar and swelling?

Ok so my girl is on her second cycle of anavar, first cycle was 5 mg a day so half of a pill she was on for 8 weeks so she took 12 off to be safe, no problems throughout cycle. Now she's three weeks in doing 10 mgs a day just started her period and her ankles started to swell, not a lot mind you but enough so that they leave an indentation when you poke them with your finger.
    Now I checked her blood pressure and it's 117 over 74 resting heart rate is 64, no yellowing of skin, no pain anywhere else, only thing different is that she's on her period and she started running on the treadmill, which gave her shin splints. RA does run in her family which could cause this.
    Any thoughts?
    little one
    Last edited by little one; 04-18-2011, 04:12 AM.

Anyone? Bump!

Comment

does she not usually bloat during her period? ive never heard of anavar causing anything of the sort, but i thought bloating was common during menstration
      Pain is just weakness leaving the body

Comment

She does bloat but never at her ankles, but she did start running and got some pretty bad shin splints at around same time, no irregular bloating anywhere else. She normally bloats around her stomach during menstruation.

Comment

I dont think going up 5mg for a female or anybody would cause edema. Since you pushed down on her ankle and it caused a pit (AKA pitting edema) basically means it will go away on its own without diaretics and no underlining conditions (injury, infections or thyroid conditions). It may take a week to go down if she stops running on it. If not get blood work to check white blood cells, liver and kidney functions. Hope this helps.
          Muscles are made in the kitchen, not in the gym. Eat big to get big.

Comment

Thnx Dbolli, will do.

Comment

Seek the professional advice of a doctor. This may seem basic but the professional care of a licensed medical practitioner is unparalleled.

Comment

anavar works differently in females than it does in men. really, all AAS does. my girl gets water retention and bloat on anavar, even when she uses low doses like 5, 10mg. when her period isn't shut down, it is usally abnormal. sometime major PMS, other times it's next to nothing and passes in a couple days. what you're describing sounds normal. she should watch her sodium intake and that will help. also make sure she's getting at least a gallon of water a day and that water will lower dramatcially. in addition, 10-20 mg of nolvadex will dry her out. . she should be careful with it though. every girl reacts differently to AAS. some are more sensitive than others. blocking estrogen with nolvadex inceases risks of virilization. often, my gal will run nolva with her anavar to keep bloat down and it works well for her with no problems.
                if you are new to the board, please take a minute to read the rules...CLICK HERE

Comment

Thank you Sam, yesterday was the last day of her period (very short this time only three days total, normally 7 days) and bloating has almost completely gone away as of around 3:30 today, strange but interesting. She also admitted to eating a whole bag of salty pretzels, which she said she won't do again lol we'll see!
                  It always worries me when stuff happens to her. I can deal with strange stuff when it happens to me, but I'm always overly protective with her.

Comment

See doctor, sounds like typical woman stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by little one View Post
                      Thank you Sam, yesterday was the last day of her period (very short this time only three days total, normally 7 days) and bloating has almost completely gone away as of around 3:30 today, strange but interesting. She also admitted to eating a whole bag of salty pretzels, which she said she won't do again lol we'll see!
                      It always worries me when stuff happens to her. I can deal with strange stuff when it happens to me, but I'm always overly protective with her.
                      cool. glad to hear. just on a side note, if she isn't already, make sure she is aware of all the side effects that can go along with AAS for females. that way she can be careful to watch out for them. for men, most sides aren't too bad but for the ladies, many cannot be reversed. for instance, even 5mg of var can give the right girl a beard over time, so she'll want to monitor for any new facial hair growth
                      if you are new to the board, please take a minute to read the rules...CLICK HERE

Comment

Sam, thank you for the input. I made her read up on the good and the bad before I even ordered the stuff. Its just interesting that 5mg can make such a difference.

Comment

good stuff. glad to hear you're educating her. you'd be surprised how many guys dont and their gals end up in trouble. just wondering, how have her results been and what are her goals?

Comment

Her results from the first cycle were minimal, she put on about 2 1/2 lbs of muscle lost about 3% body fat, but she's little to begin with 5 ft tall weighs about 120 lbs very muscular frame, she's at about 19% body fat right now, but at her last bodyfat analasis most of her fat was in her natural double d's. Her main goal is to strip off her stomach area after three pregnancies. The main reason she really likes it is that it really raises her aerobic ability.

Comment

haha, yea, BF% is always so far different for girls. thats cool though. sounds like 2 1/2 lbs would probably equate to 4-5 lbs on a male frame, plus a BF loss. not bad. for the future, when she wants to diet down, nolvadex on it's own is a pretty amazing thing for girls. 20mg a day allows them to get around some of the estrogen that makes gals resistant to fat loss. like i said though, if she adds a steroid to it, it does increases the chance of issues. my girl is very sensitive though and never has had a problten using var with nolva. last year, she did her first figure show, ran nolva for the last 6 wks and the changes were dramatic.
                              i've found that in my relationship, training has really brought us together. we go to the gym every day(though we train seperately), we both eat the lifestyle, and when we went to the arnold classic, it was her that made us wait in an hour line to meet kai greene, lol. best of luck to both of you!

Comment

Working...
                              X