The Pulse Method for orals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Pulse Method for orals

I've been doing some research on the best way to take orals and found some pretty good reviews on the Pulse Method. Just wanted to see if anyone else has tried this before and what kind of results/ gains they acheived as well as side effects. Thanks.

What is "pulse" cycling? Pulsing is a method of dosing a product designed to intentionally avoid
    potential long term side effects such as HPTA suppression and liver damage. This technique is usually applied as a means of toxicity control when potent corticoids are used on children requiring long term therapy. However, this method can really be applied to anyone using any oral steroid with great success and significantly reduced side effects. With pulsing, the serious, long term side effects of chronic oral treatment are avoided and short term side effect, like acne and mineral retention, are milder that usual. This also allows for higher doses to be used since the dosing is less frequent. For example, if you would normally take a product at 30mg/day for a week, that means a total intake of 210mg/week. With pulsing, you might take 40mg on work out days only 3 times per week and that only comes out to 120mg/week total! This provides the needed benefits of the product at the most crucial times, which are just before and just after a work out, and offers a means of strongly attenuated suppression of endogenous steroid production. In other words, you can pulse a compound for 6-8 weeks usually before you realistically need to start thinking about a conventional post cycle therapy. In fact, after a 4 week pulsing cycle, PCT should not even be required in most cases!

Basically, if you dose every day (ED) in perfectly spaced doses, you will achieve 100% effect, 100% short term side effects and 100% long term side effects. If you dose every other day (EOD) like the pulse protocol, you still get about 60% effect and 75% short term sides but only about 40% of the long term sides. That's not a bad trade off and very economical on the body and the wallet too! Of course, if you would have gained 10 pounds on a normal 1 month cycle, this means you will only gain about 6 pounds pulsing, but it also means you can do this for twice as long as a normal cycle. That equals about 2 months worth of worry free dosing, so the net effect is a gain of about 12 pounds over 2 months instead of 10 pounds over 1 month. This structure offers fewer sides and a milder post cycle therapy requirements (if even needed at all) plus the slower gains tend to have a better residual that is more likely to be permanent compared to faster gains. It's a great long term strategy and good for newer users too looking to run fast, clean cycles for 1 month with no PCT needed later.

There are two good approaches to it:
    1) EOD
    2) 2 days on / 2 days off

Depending on your workout schedule, I would use one of these two options for optimal pulsing efficiency. Doses can usually be high (like 40-50mg instead of 20-30mg) but take them close together preferably before 6pm. It's not crucial you take the last dose before 6pm, but the earlier the better at avoiding shut down. Take half of the total dose pre work out and half post work out instead of spread out evenly over the whole day like a normal cycle. If an odd dose is to be used, like 30mg, take the majority pre work out (so 20mg pre/10mg post). When pulsing, dose at least 3 times per week but not more than 4 times.

Also important to remember is nutrition. Have a good, high calorie post work out meal and eat sufficient protein, especially on off days. Off days are also a good time to take a cortisol antagonist or even just low dose DHEA (25-50mg) if you are a slow healer or hard gainer especially. Although pulsing is a great way to avoid suppression, if you are extra sensitive to shut down or using a compound that will normally cause very fast shut down, an AI based test booster can be administered on off days or daily to further punctuate the hormonal "bounce back" in the quest to avoid the need for post cycle therapy post cycle. The bounce back phenomenon is an effect that is often noted when pulsing. It is not uncommon for testicular size and testosterone levels to increase above baseline on consecutive off days or after the cycle is over. This is like a built in PCT effect you may experiences after properly pulsed hormone use. As a teen, I was able to employee this method successfully for 3 years without needing a PCT, so I can say it works very well! In pulsing, it is also important to remember that the smaller number of dose exposures means faster liver clearance. Normal safety ancillaries like healthy oils and lipid supplements are advised, but be modest with liver products like milk thistle. They are generally counter productive and therefore not advised while pulsing, except with very toxic or potent compounds. Cycle safe!

Example of a 3x/wk pulse M,W,F:

Week/Dose(mg)
    1 (10,20,30)
    2 30
    3 30-40
    4 30-40
    5 30-50
    6 30-50
    7 30-60
    8 30-60

Example of a 4x/wk pulse Sat,Sun & Wed,Thur:

Week/Dose(mg)
    1 (10,20,30,30)
    2 30
    3 30-40
    4 30-40
    5 30-50
    6 30-50
    Founder of M.A.A.D.

Free Your Mind

i didnt read the whole article, but personally, i dont think i like this. i dont know if the short term side effects will be avoided either. this would create a great deal of hormone fluxuation and hormones in flux are a major cause of acne. also, i dont just want to be on gear the days i train. i want to be on it for my rest days, as that is when i'm recovering and growing.
    if you are new to the board, please take a minute to read the rules...CLICK HERE

Comment

Not to mention, it's all theory and no proof.

I don't like the pulse method. I stick to dosing by figuring out what the effective mg/quantity is and dividing it up by the half life.

Comment

lol sam i thought the same thing.. and stopped the read half way through becuz of it and almost commented the same until i read yours soooo.. i guesssss BUMMMPPPP

Comment

I dont like to fix things that are not broken.
          Muscles are made in the kitchen, not in the gym. Eat big to get big.

Comment

I'm not trying to reinvent the wheel here fellas, and from what i've read on other boards people have used this method and had good results. I'm only thinking of trying this method because I plan on running GP Oral Tren @ either 750 mcg or 1 mg/ day the first 3 weeks and last 3 weeks (1-3 and 14-16) of my cycle. I'm also planning on taking GP 50 mg Winny tabs @ 75 mg/ day weeks 5-12 along with GP Prop @ 75mg/ day for 16 weeks. I also have 120 GP Proviron tabs which I plan on running @ 25 or 50 mg/ day, just not sure at what point I should take them. Any input is appreciated, thanks.
            Founder of M.A.A.D.

Free Your Mind

Comment

what kind of experince do you have with other forms of tren?
              if you are new to the board, please take a minute to read the rules...CLICK HERE

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoDino247 View Post
                I'm not trying to reinvent the wheel here fellas, and from what i've read on other boards people have used this method and had good results.
                I know people that have had good results with the "pull out" method of birth control but it's still not the most effective method.

Comment

The best way to do any oral is have blood work done if blood work is good your good! I've been on different orals for much longer that people suggest but I've had regular blood work done (once a month). Now i realize that most people cannot do this so stick to what experienced guys here say! They know there stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by sam1976 View Post
                    what kind of experince do you have with other forms of tren?
                    I love Tren and have included it in each of my last 4 or 5 cycles: enathate, acetate and most recently axiolabs Trenaplex 200.
                    Founder of M.A.A.D.

Free Your Mind

Comment

Originally posted by iamready View Post
                      I know people that have had good results with the "pull out" method of birth control but it's still not the most effective method.
                      That's an interesting analogy, did you come up with that all by yourself?
                      Founder of M.A.A.D.

Free Your Mind

Comment

That's an interesting analogy, did you come up with that all by yourself?
                        Why yes, I did. Glad you enjoyed it. I feared my efforts went to waste.

To reiterate my earlier post. I don't see how taking a drug with a 6 or 8 hour half life every 48 hours would be nearly as effective as a standard cycle but would still tax your liver and natural test production.

Comment

I love Tren and have included it in each of my last 4 or 5 cycles: enathate, acetate and most recently axiolabs Trenaplex 200.
                          cool glad to hear. i'm always worried because there are so many new guys who think they're gona try tren via OT..not wise, lol. just remember that this stuff hits hardest of all. thankfully, the sides go away just as fast when you reduce the dose. it only takes a few days to start seeing effects. start out with 250mcg for a couple days and slowly work up. 750mcg was more than enough for me. i'll be competely honest though, at the end of the cycle, running it with winny at the end is going to be super hard on your body. the oral tren alone is probably about the worst oral to take and coupling that with how bad winny is on the HDL...just unheathy. what about masteron prop? works fast and goes beautiful with tren/test prop. just a thought. you running GP oral tren?

Comment

Originally posted by iamready View Post
                            Why yes, I did. Glad you enjoyed it. I feared my efforts went to waste.

To reiterate my earlier post. I don't see how taking a drug with a 6 or 8 hour half life every 48 hours would be nearly as effective as a standard cycle but would still tax your liver and natural test production.
                            Your efforts didn't go to waste, I just haven't been on in the last few days. I doubt I will try this and just wanted to see if anyone on JM has heard of this or tried it. I'm gonna go everyday with the tren weeks 1-3 and 14-16, and the winny everyday weeks 5-12.
                            Founder of M.A.A.D.

Free Your Mind

Comment

Working...
                            X