Post workout carbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post workout carbs

I have read alot about this and know of arguments and studies for both sides and its to much to handle on my own. should i use carbs post workout and if so how much

6'1" 163lbs- bulking not cutting super high metabolism

How much do you want to weigh? Whole grain pasta and breads will help you gain, sweet potatos, oatmeal, brown rice.. stay away from from your whites they turn to sugar. if your metabolism is high eat away bro if your trying to gain weight. With a high metabolism you should beable to cut the carbs and lose the unwanted weight fast. I like carbs they give me needed energy after a good workout. I just lower them gradually before a show.

Comment

I have always heard about .4 to .7 grams per lb. of bodyweight....but I know guys that just do a free for all after they workout and carb up.....I think you cant go wrong with Waxy maize or potato starch....

Comment

I add a fast digesting powder carb to my postworkout shake (Mass Fushion), then with my post workout meal I'll have a medium sweet potato with my red meat. On Leg days i'll add maybe half a cup of brown rice. Large muscle group so more fuel.

I was one that never did any carbs post workout, but with the above i've found a definte increase in recovery and strength, and no increase in BF%.

Comment

This is the one time a day that I go with simple carbs and sugar. When cutting I go with dextrose. But otherwise right after my workout (Like within 10 min) I eat a PB and J sandwich with white bread or a bagel with jam. Then within 45 min I get my protein in. I think one of the Mods posted a thread about this with a lot of good info.

Comment

i use maxy maize starch, 1 scup when cutting, 2 scup when bulking. and this produkt its amazing

Comment

I think dear you don't need to take carbs after workout.you need to take energy drink because after your workout you need some vitamins and power t boost up your energy and body.So try to drink fresh fruit juices after your workout.I also drink juices after my workout plan.

Comment

Working...
              X