Analyses and degradation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Analyses and degradation

What was but has changed, GH was sold on icepacks because it degraded very quick when not cooled. Beside that some was stabilised with BSA etc.

The quality has improved. Just as the stability did.

We started with the real Hygetropin (engraved top) 96.82 % purity.

We'll also add some RP -HPLC graphics later in this thread to show the strength.

What happens when you mix the vial with water and store it 15 days at 4 degrees C or at 20-25 degrees?

The first peak are the related proteins the other two together form the total purity. Sometimes (modern) HPLC graphics only show those two together I'll explain later why.
    Attached Files

Hot

What happens when you store the same vials at 37 degrees C for 15 days? .. even with the rubber removed to expose it to air and heat? You guys can imagine waht anlyses taking so long cost?

Enjoy it, you get them for free..
    Attached Files

Comment

Thank you Ronny! this is very interesting.

Comment

But what when you have reconstituted them?

The stability of somatropin stored in two types of plastic syringes was studied. Reconstituted somatropin at high (3.33-mg/mL) and low (1.0-mg/mL) concentrations was stored in polypropylene and propylene-ethylene copolymer syringes at 2-8 degrees C for 28 days. The contents of all syringes were analysed immediately and at 7, 14, 21, and 28 days by high-performance liquid chromatography for purity, potency, and preservative (m-cresol) content; pH, physical appearance, clarity, and preservative effectiveness were analysed at the same times. Glass vials of somatropin reconstituted with diluent served as controls. Somatropin did not show significant losses in purity or potency during the 28-day study.

m-Cresol concentrations decreased in both types of plastic syrings, more so in the polypropylene syringes, but remained in excess of the minimum required to pass the USP test of preservative effectiveness. On average, the contents of the propylene-ethylene copolymer syringes had greater turbidity than the contents of the polypropylene syringes and, after 21 days, had an unacceptable level of turbidity. No visible particulates were present except at 28 days in high-concentration samples stored in propylene-ethylene copolymer syringes.

Somatropin 3.33 and 1.0 mg/mL was stable in polypropylene syringes for up to 28 days and in propylene-ethylene copolymer syringes for up to 14 days when stored at 2-8 degrees C

Comment

Thats what I'm sayin man test like that show the story not some dingbat in the gym claiming this and that....thanks again Ronny......Find some Kigtropins and test them I'd like to know what you come up with...they are pretty popular on the foreign market as well as their cousin Taitropin

Comment

strength

Strength/activity .. is your vial that should contain 4 iu really 4 iu??

We analysed the activity of a blue-top. Don't be mistaken these vials are sold to everyone and it could contain anything, from very good GH (I have analyses and post later) to worse.

Attached are the graphics of RP-HPLC. From the graphics, the main peak is corresponding to the activity. This method is in Pharmacopoeia.

First, the activity of Growth hormone was tested by using little animals, mostly rats. After much protest of organisations for animal welfare, the WHO asked some labs to seek the relationship between HPLC and the activity.
            After a lot of experimenting, scientists concluded that the activity result of the RP-HPLC (reversed phase) corresponded to the activity resulting by sacrificing little animals. Then, in pharmacopoeia, the testing of activity in animals, changed to testing by RP-HPLC.

I diluted your sample 1.6* and hygetropin 3.2*. the result shows that the hgh of your sample is only 2.7 iu(174442/258360 *4=2.69iu), the related protein is over 13%.( 17.51%)(13% is the standard of EP).
            The electrophoresis shows some containments.

I would really like to analyse, but the costs are paid by Nevos. I doubt if he wants to pay for all kinds of analyses, we'll see.
            Attached Files

Comment

man i have no idea how to read those graphs? is there a help thread on how to read these things?

Comment

Absolutely fantastic job Ronny. You have totally out done your usual great job!

Thank you so much.

Comment

Originally posted by kevinf View Post
                  man i have no idea how to read those graphs? is there a help thread on how to read these things?
                  ill second that...

dont meen shit to me lol...

Comment

Id also like 2 see an analyses on kigtropin ronny. That'd b great. Thanx bro

Comment

I'll clearify it later. I would like to anlyse more brands but its very, very expensive.

Comment

Working...
                      X