My joints are crap. What helps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My joints are crap. What helps?

I have been experiencing some really nagging shoulder pain, I think I can attribute to old age. LOL

It seems that I remember that Deca is pretty nice to your joints, helping to repair connective tissue.

Has anyone had experience with this or anything else that has REALLY WORKED for you?

Thanks!

-QZ
    ?Great things are done when men and mountains meet.? -William Blake

deca is a good choice add a little bit of deca, some about 100mg/week and use collagen hydrolyzate powder. also another alternative mega 3 fish oil and shark cartilage oil to combat any joint soreness.

Comment

@lifestyle: I've been taking a Glucosamine/Chondroitin supplement, which has helped a little, and one of my friends (she's a trainer) suggested some rotator cuff exercises that have helped a little too, but I get really bad pain whenever I do military presses, db shoulder press, and it really tickles when I do bench. I don't know if it's bursitis or what.

@Methan: http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/dr...inorepair.html <--- something like that? Do you have a specific brand or any rec. that works for you?

I think I will definitely include some deca when I start my other cutting drugs. 100mgs shouldn't promote any progesterone related sides, right?

Comment

is it your rotator cuff that's the issue? 99% of the time this can be cured by stretching and exercises.

I do 6 sets of weighted arm circles.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercise...me/arm-circles

Just hold a 5 or 10 lb plate in each hand and do one set of 12 small circles clockwise supersetted with 12 reps going counter-clockwise. Then medium circles then large circles. You should really feel the burn from this. Doing this for a few months cured my rotator cuff issues.

Also you can do broomstick stretches like the woman in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoGtrEcsqPQ

With a large towel or broomstick I want you to hold it with straight arms for the entire time of what i describe in the following movement--a large "rolled up like a rope" beach towel works good but honestly a longer broomstick (without the bristles) works best in my opinion. Start out with it with a really wide grip (with straight arms) in front of you (on your quads) and with straight arms bring it up and overhead and then down and back to the middle of your back--STRAIGHT ARMS ALL THE WAY--

this is going to be very difficult and hard the first couple times out and then will be "old hat" with time----and its going to be painful in a stretching pump kind of way---i want 50 reps each time you do this--one repetition is from in front of your face (all with straight arms) to up overhead and back, and then down all the way to the middle of your back and then back up overhead to in front of your face again (again all with straight arms)--the important part of the movement is the area overhead that is really tight--do all of this carefully/slowly---

dont just whip it over and back---if your hand is slipping off the broomstick even with the widest grip, or you cant bring your arms over straight and the start bending on you, you have some serious shoulder inflexibility and need to work this hard and get up to speed (or you could just need a longer broomstick too)--again do all of these revolutions controlled and carefully--push into the stretch as you go along toward the 50 revolutions, your chest will be pushing outward and your shoulders rolling back--

your shoulders are going to blow up with so much blood its going to be incredibly painfull pumpwise--Do this once a day at nite as many times a week as you can---sometimes I have people do it every single day---but every time you do it try to move your grip inward (thats the key)----its going to be very hard to do but try your best to move your grip inward for the next 2-4 weeks and your range of motion with shoulders will increase dramatically and any impingement and the majority of other problems should be gone in 2 weeks--

also try to move your grip in as you are doing the 50 revolutions--start off with a stretching but relatively easy 10 to warm up some, then try to move your grip in even by a centimeter if you can for the next 20 revolutions and then at 30 try to move the grip in another centimeter--really try to push what you can do stretchwise once your warmed up here--trust me this sounds easy but your going to be muttering "fuck you dante" after you get to your 25th revolution--

Ive cured too many shoulder problems with this simple movement now its pretty ridiculous, and this and a menthol rub applied liberally daily and before sleep has cured alot of shoulder/bicepital tendonitis in trainees

People with rotator cuff issues swear by this technique. There's a good chance these two methods combined will clear up your rotator cuff problems.

Comment

Can Deca repair connective tissue? I just thought it lubricated the joints more?

Comment

deca does increase collegen production. it also works as an anti-inflamant. i beleive it is this second feature that make people feel joint releif.
            if you are new to the board, please take a minute to read the rules...CLICK HERE

Comment

@elevate: Great advice there! I tried those broomstick stretches today, and I noticed an immediate difference in the way the joint felt. I'll try those rotations tonight at the gym as well. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
              X