Pet Peeves @ the gym

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pet Peeves @ the gym

I'm the last person to complain about other people, but I hate others who have no respect for the place I workout or for other people. So what bothers or distracts you guys when working out and at the gym?

I hate it when people smell, like what's it take to spray on some deodorant before you jump on the treadmill right next to me for an hour? And it really annoys me when people sweat all over equipment and don't wipe it down. It never used to bother me and I'm not a germaphobe, but it's gross and just common courtesy. I also hate it when people leave weights laying around or don't put them back for others to trip over. Lastly, I hate it when someone sits on a machine for half an hour, or talks on their cell phone while I'm waiting for it. I'll usually wait about 15 minutes before saying something, because that's all the time you should need to do 4 even 5 sets. Or the people who leave their drink or towel on bench and then think its ok to disappear for like 20 minutes.

What about you guys?
    Founder of M.A.A.D.

Free Your Mind

I hear that man.

Comment

Yeah bro, I try not to let people bother me and just do my thing. I like working out alone most of the time, get in and get out. But some people are just there to socialize, it's pretty sad.
      Founder of M.A.A.D.

Free Your Mind

Comment

I hate the ones who make a lot of noise, flex in the mirror after every set but never work anything but arms - chickenlegs.

or worse the fat guy (with hair everywhere) who loves hanging out in the locker room + talking to everyone naked.
        "GYM + JUICE"

Comment

Originally posted by ODB View Post
          I hate the ones who make a lot of noise, flex in the mirror after every set but never work anything but arms - chickenlegs.

or worse the fat guy (with hair everywhere) who loves hanging out in the locker room + talking to everyone naked.
          HAHAHA, everyone thinks they're Flex Wheeler.... and don't get me started about locker rooms, i used to see the old guys hanging out in there all the time, but strangely never working out. Wonder what that's about, lol. Needless to say I haven't been in the lockerroom at my gym for about 3 years now.
          Founder of M.A.A.D.

Free Your Mind

Comment

Stay the hell out of them locker rooms man...or if you have to go in there get dressed with your back to the lockers...the biggest pet peeve about the gym is the guys who arrive on the coldest day of the year with nothing on up top but a tank top...please

Comment

I hate when ur workout and in the zone just ripping it up and some fat ass comes over and want to tell you how you should workout and want go away
              You can't run when the cage door closes !!

Comment

Guys that drop/throw the weights drive me nuts... I want to choke them to death... but usually restrain myself to saying something like "yeah fuck those weights man we don't need them ... " to which they look shamefaced and stop dropping them for that workout... but next time they are right back at it...
                ... to make it worse, at the gym I go to the staff won't say anything to guys for doing it so I always have to.... and to top it off.... the owner recently took the 90lb dumbells (which were the biggest he had on the floor) away because people throw them too much... pisses me off... if you can't handle the weights and have to drop or throw them don't pick them up... this aint kindergarden, don't punish everyone because a couple of dicks keep dropping them when they try and lift too heavy. ... so now I'm stuck with 85s for endless sets trying to get a chest burn or have to move over to the bar (I always prefer dumbells to bar)

Comment

i agree with pretty much everything already said but the one that piss's me off most is when you need the db's and someone's got them by there feet talking for hours and when you say can I do a set with them please? it's I'm just using them now... or when your looking for a set of db's and you can see em on the rack and you look around and some guy has left em over the other side of the gym! is it so hard to put them back.

Comment

One of my peeves is when people watch me work out...NO.. they watch me work out for a hour and a half!!!! I think they just come in there to watch me??? Gets a little weird ...

Comment

must be those arms mbig245 lol

Comment

Originally posted by mbig245 View Post
                        One of my peeves is when people watch me work out...NO.. they watch me work out for a hour and a half!!!! I think they just come in there to watch me??? Gets a little weird ...
                        Yup I hate the men who sit there and stare at me during my entire workout. As much as you try to ignore them or tune it out, it eventually gets very distracting. Everytime you look over at them they are grilling you (or undressing me with their eyes not really sure, lol.) If they want to stare then they can at least have the courage to walk up to you and say hello or that they learned somehting from watching you. On the other hand, if there is a hot chick its def ok to sneak peeks but to sit there with your tongue hanging out of your mouth makes you look pathetic. I hate it when older guys hit on girls that could be their daughter, creeps me out.
                        Founder of M.A.A.D.

Free Your Mind

Comment

Originally posted by atavist View Post
                          Guys that drop/throw the weights drive me nuts... I want to choke them to death... but usually restrain myself to saying something like "yeah fuck those weights man we don't need them ... " to which they look shamefaced and stop dropping them for that workout... but next time they are right back at it...
                          ... to make it worse, at the gym I go to the staff won't say anything to guys for doing it so I always have to.... and to top it off.... the owner recently took the 90lb dumbells (which were the biggest he had on the floor) away because people throw them too much... pisses me off... if you can't handle the weights and have to drop or throw them don't pick them up... this aint kindergarden, don't punish everyone because a couple of dicks keep dropping them when they try and lift too heavy. ... so now I'm stuck with 85s for endless sets trying to get a chest burn or have to move over to the bar (I always prefer dumbells to bar)
                          The guys who throw weights around at my gym are all 2-3x my size so I usually keep my comments to myself. But they don't realize how dangerous that shit can be if say the db bounces weird and hit someone standing by them in the leg, shin or foot. I've gotten hit in the shin before by some douche who dropped a db after his set of incline and it was really painful, and the guy must not have realized it because he already started walking away. When he got back I asked him if he could move his bench over if he plans on throqing weights like that and I got a dirty look, but then he must have felt bad and appologized.
                          Founder of M.A.A.D.

Free Your Mind

Comment

All these reasons is why I get to my gym at 4:30 am. Very few people there at that time. My biggest pet peave is people who try to hold 2 pieces of equiqpment at the same time or people just not cleanin up after themselves. When I leave a bench or power rack its organized and everythings put in its place plates and DB's racked and out the way. I do find though that the older I get - the more stupid people piss me off.

Comment

Disco.. my man.. don't wait 15 mins before you go ask someone to use the weights lol. I don't know if their size is intimidating or you are trying to be nice, but you are paying for that gym space and equipment just as much as they are.

If they are on a machine or bench just go ask "hey man, can I work in with you?" most of the time they don't mind. If they give you lip like "Naw I'm on it" or "I'll be done in a few" uhhhhhh do you have some kinda GOLD card here or something? you gotta get smart back at those people or they will keep doing it. Respond with " Oh ok, well I'm on a schedule here and it won't take me as long as you are just sitting on it".

I want to smack these people off the bench that don't let someone work in with their routine. If you want to sit on a bench and talk all day, go do it in your garage on the phone you jackass. I'm always more than happy to hop off something for a minute to let someone else work out or even give them a spot.

Oh... and I hate people who smell rank while working out too, its like "DAAAYYYMMM SON! Do you not wash your gym clothes or what??!"

Comment

Working...
                              X