You?ve Been Banned

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You?ve Been Banned

I was speaking with a friend and he said he was banned on this forum. He told me what he did, I?m all for following the rules but the rules are not clearly posted, if not for me looking all over I would have not found them myself. I think if you?re not going to post the rules clearly then give the members one warning and if they break the rules a second time then banned them.
    Does anyone agree or I?m I alone on this. What do the members think let me know

Was it a permanent ban?

I could see a 1 week ban and a warning for a first offense.

I believe nods have the ability to remove any questionable content.

Comment

Most of it is common sense.

I'm okay with the rules not being plastered over the forum. I'm well ware of what is acceptable and what is not.

Comment

Obviously depending on how egregious the offense is

Comment

TBH I've never read the rules but I've been around long enough to know what's what. Maybe something clearer is needed for people new to these type of forums.

Comment

It was for a week, he mentioned something about he’s order in the chat box. I'm not saying plaster the rules all over just make a post titled RULES OF THE FORUM. Then there’s no questions or confusion. So what about a warning for the first offence, what do you guys think about that?

Comment

Plastering the rules everywhere can be counter productive. It's kinda like being someplace in public and needing to tell someone something discreetly - but they are across the room.

Maybe there is a way to point new members to a rules area upon sign up. Perhaps there could be a section that is only visible to members where guidelines could be posted as a sticky - and in there and there only - one could ask frank questions about what is okay and receive feedback.

Comment

Originally posted by BigTime View Post
                It was for a week, he mentioned something about he’s order in the chat box. I'm not saying plaster the rules all over just make a post titled RULES OF THE FORUM. Then there’s no questions or confusion. So what about a warning for the first offence, what do you guys think about that?
                ^^^ this jus happens way too much with newbies to the forum. They creats an account then the 1st thing they do is ask how longs it take? It jus happens too often and I know I don't want to lose the sponsr cuz of people not reading rules. There's always rules everywhere and people know that. They order 1st, sign up, and ask in the chatbox instead of scanning through forums and threads. ignorance is all it is. I agree that if u ask a stupid ? In the cbox then u should be banned. its not hard to understand how this works some people r jus lazy and wana talk but not listen

Comment

Rules are rules and ignorance is not a valid excuse. Sorry.
                  Founder of M.A.A.D.

Free Your Mind

Comment

Well he got a one week ban i think that is a warning i could see your point if he was permanently banned, but the rule's are clear there in the News & Announcements bit at the top as a sticky i think a one week ban is fine for breaking the rules its his fault he did not read them also most are common sense IMO.
                    http://juicedmuscle.com/showthread.p...ne-please-read)
                    also rules for he shout box are in the same place: http://juicedmuscle.com/showthread.p...-Shoutbox-Talk

Comment

Yeah at least it was only a week long ban and not perm. It's impossible for MODS to be on at all times and monitor the site.
                      Founder of M.A.A.D.

Free Your Mind

Comment

Originally posted by jimmy93 View Post
                        Well he got a one week ban i think that is a warning i could see your point if he was permanently banned, but the rule's are clear there in the News & Announcements bit at the top as a sticky i think a one week ban is fine for breaking the rules its his fault he did not read them also most are common sense IMO.
                        http://juicedmuscle.com/showthread.p...ne-please-read)
                        also rules for he shout box are in the same place: http://juicedmuscle.com/showthread.p...-Shoutbox-Talk
                        jimmy:
                        That?s what I'm saying, but....... way can't there be an easier way for the newbie to fine these rule. It would stop a lot of the newbie?s from posting something they shouldn?t.

Comment

jimmy:
                          That’s what I'm saying, but.......why can't there be an easier way for the newbie to fine these rule. It would stop a lot of the newbie’s from posting something they shouldn’t.

Comment

Originally posted by graffix View Post
                            ^^^ this jus happens way too much with newbies to the forum. They creats an account then the 1st thing they do is ask how longs it take? It jus happens too often and I know I don't want to lose the sponsr cuz of people not reading rules. There's always rules everywhere and people know that. They order 1st, sign up, and ask in the chatbox instead of scanning through forums and threads. ignorance is all it is. I agree that if u ask a stupid ? In the cbox then u should be banned. its not hard to understand how this works some people r jus lazy and wana talk but not listen
                            100% agreed (even though I've only been on here about 2 weeks, i've seen this and posted about the same thing in the Chatbox sticky thread)

Not trying to be a dick BigTime, but the rules of the site and chat box are both stickies and the first two threads atop the NEWS & ANNOUNCEMENTS Forum.
                            Founder of M.A.A.D.

Free Your Mind

Comment

Disco, I know your not trying to be a dick, I hope that no one thinks that I am. It's just that I think it would save a lot of newbie’s from getting banned if it said Forum Rules instead of News and Announcements

Comment

Working...
                              X