HRT ?s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HRT ?s

Anyone know where the clinics keep igf-1 and free test levels? I'd assume at 95-100% normal level, but who knows? I'm sitting @ 5-8% on both so endo Dr. wouldn't help (have to be below normal range which is very low), and I can't afford clinic. Also curious if hcg and anti-e are given by clinics, and if so what amount and how often? Any info/experience would be appreciated.

Generally GPs don't target optimal levels, but will rather prescribe the standard HRT dose when reference levels are abnormal. The generally accepted low limit is 350. The standard HRT dose for IM administration is 300 mg every 3 weeks or 200 mg every 2 weeks, depending on the prescribing physician's preference.

I can't comment on anti-aging clinics practices. Very few GPs will address issues with IGF or HGC. HGC is controversial and not generally accepted in conventional medical practice.

Comment

Thanks for the info Bo Deen. Ya, my endo wont prescribe unless total test is less than 255 (plus dependent on other levels). I'm in the 320s for total. Wouldn't it make more sense to target free test for TRT (my free test is also low 10.3 of 9-30ng/dl normal range)? I was thinking just dose test to achieve a free test level between 25-30? Is an anti-estrogen normally prescribed with TRT level test doses? www.saveonlabs.com hormone testing prices are the cheapest I could find, any there others that might be cheaper?

Comment

Yeah i can see why he wouldn't script you at that level. When I got mine my level was 238.86 According to the lab report reference levels are 241-827 ng/ml. So I was just below what is considered bottom line.

Comment

Hey limo, after you got the script, what level did dr. control to? Did he/she control to total or free test, and to what value was the goal? Was an anti-estrogen also prescribed with the test? Thanks.

Comment

There's no need for anti-estrogen at HRT doses

Comment

^^^Thanks again Bo Deen (anti-e).

Comment

I don't know the law of your country but in some european country with strict anti-doping laws it's posiible to a doc(an endo of course)to prescribe to you TRT if you are in the low part of the range. In fact the doc could prescribe testo if you get the symptoms of low testosterone regardless the test level(of course if you are on the top level it's impossible to get testo prescribed...) or he/she can to not prescibe you testo if you are below the range but you don 't feel symptoms of low testo.

Comment

Working...
                X