My training rogram( please review)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My training rogram( please review)

Hi I am new here and this is my first thread. I just wanted to post my new training routine that I made combining a few Strength/Bodybuilding programs I have used and ask you guys to review it cause this is the first time I have made my own routine. I am about 175 pounds and aim to compete next year so I am trying to put on some solid mass.

I train 4 days per week and every muscle group once per week( my body doesn't seem to handle much more when not on a cycle). I do about 9-12 sets per body part. I always start with a low rep power excrisise where I aim for going heavier every week and then move on to more isolation work for higher reps and slower negatives where I try to get the best pump possible. I don't record my rest period on the power movements but I rest about 1 minute between sets on the other sets.

All criticism is well appreciated! especially from you guys with a lot of bodybuilding experience

So here it is:

Monday - Chest/Delts

Barbell bench press 3x5 reps
    Dumbbell pullover 12-10-8
    Peck Deck 12-10-8

Standing barbell Millitarypress 2x5
    Sitting dumbbell shoulder press 12-10
    Bent over lateral raise 12-10-8
    Cable lateral raise 12-10-8

Tuesday - Legs/calves

Squat 3x5
    Leg press 12-10-8
    Leg extension 12-10-8
    superseted with
    Leg curl 12-10-8
    smith machine calf raise 20-15-12-10
    sitting calf machine 12-10-8-6

Wednsday - REST

Thursday - Back/forearms

Deadlift 3x5
    T-bar row(close grip) 12-10-8
    Pulldown (wide nautral grip) 12-10-8
    Cable row(close grip) 12-10-8

Barbell forearm curl 20-15-10
    supersetted with
    Barbell forearm reverse curl 10-12-8

Friday - Biceps/Triceps

Dips 3x5
    Cable pressdown 12-10-8
    one arm DB extend(behind head) 12-10-8

Ez-bar curl 3x5
    Incline Db curl 12-10-8
    Consentration curl 12-10-8

Hi,
    You explain your training program in a very good way..... You are not seem as new trainee....
    I think, you are working under the supervision of good trainer that is too good...

Comment

Originally posted by Bernardd View Post
      Hi,
      You explain your training program in a very good way..... You are not seem as new trainee....
      I think, you are working under the supervision of good trainer that is too good...
      Thanks a lot! How long have you been training?

Comment

Originally posted by VanZane View Post
        Hi I am new here and this is my first thread. I just wanted to post my new training routine that I made combining a few Strength/Bodybuilding programs I have used and ask you guys to review it cause this is the first time I have made my own routine. I am about 175 pounds and aim to compete next year so I am trying to put on some solid mass.

I train 4 days per week and every muscle group once per week( my body doesn't seem to handle much more when not on a cycle). I do about 9-12 sets per body part. I always start with a low rep power excrisise where I aim for going heavier every week and then move on to more isolation work for higher reps and slower negatives where I try to get the best pump possible. I don't record my rest period on the power movements but I rest about 1 minute between sets on the other sets.

All criticism is well appreciated! especially from you guys with a lot of bodybuilding experience

So here it is:

Monday - Chest/Delts

Barbell bench press 3x5 reps
        Peck Deck 12-10-8

Sitting dumbbell shoulder press 12-10

Tuesday - Legs/calves

Squat 3x5
        Leg press 12-10-8
        Leg extension 12-10-8
        superseted with
        Leg curl 12-10-8

Wednsday - REST

Thursday - Back/forearms

Deadlift 3x5

supersetted with

Friday - Biceps/Triceps

Dips 3x5
        Cable pressdown 12-10-8

Ez-bar curl 3x5
        Incline Db curl 12-10-8
        Hi,
        I have read your whole post and on the whole it seems to me that you are doing right.I think that you need to add cardio too.At least 20 minutes of cardio is necessary for the warm up purpose only.Else your work out routine is fine and don't require any modifications.
        boot camps in orlando

Comment

I like your approach and I think you've done quite well. If it was me, this is what I would do:

Chest:
          3 x 5 reps even though it's for power like you say, I would do 5 x 5 reasoning: you're developing mass and you only have 3 movements for chest 2 of which are not so mass building but rather shape building.

I may be wrong per your body but in order to stimulate growth I need more load during the prime movements (bench, squats, deads, mil press)

Comment

thanks a lot mate!

Comment

Originally posted by merz View Post
              I like your approach and I think you've done quite well. If it was me, this is what I would do:

Chest:
              3 x 5 reps even though it's for power like you say, I would do 5 x 5 reasoning: you're developing mass and you only have 3 movements for chest 2 of which are not so mass building but rather shape building.

I may be wrong per your body but in order to stimulate growth I need more load during the prime movements (bench, squats, deads, mil press)
              Thank you for the tip, I will try adding more heavy sets and see how it goes!

Comment

Very similar to mine, I would use the straight bar for mass vs. the easy bar, IMO.

Comment

So here it is: Monday - Chest/Delts

Barbell bench press 3x5 reps I would add Incline bench 3x5
                  Peck Deck 12-10-8

Sitting dumbbell shoulder press 12-10 - i would drop this 1 or switch between barbell+Dumbells eoworkout Delts r not such a large muscle 3 exercises is enough

Tuesday - Legs/calves

Squat 3x5 - 1 week a month I like to end with Squats
                  Leg press 12-10-8
                  Leg extension 12-10-8
                  superseted with
                  Leg curl 12-10-8

Wednsday - REST

Thursday - Back/forearms

Deadlift 3x5

supersetted with

Friday - Biceps/Triceps

Dips 3x5 - just my personal preference I like close grip bench for Tricep mass
                  Cable pressdown 12-10-8 - I go heavy on this also

Ez-bar curl 3x5
                  Incline Db curl 12-10-8
                  I put my comments in the quote, just remember u said u r going for mass so use heavy mass building exercises.

Just remember opinions r like a$$holes, everyones got one.
                  "GYM + JUICE"

Comment

Originally posted by ODB View Post
                    I put my comments in the quote, just remember u said u r going for mass so use heavy mass building exercises.

Just remember opinions r like a$$holes, everyones got one.
                    Thanks for the advice! I also thought about adding more work for chest but since my chest is a bit to big compared to the rest of my upper body I have just stuck to those 3 exricises. As for my delts, I just thought I should add more work for them since the are a bit smaller then I would like them to be. Why do you end with squats?

Comment

Thanks for the advice! I also thought about adding more work for chest but since my chest is a bit to big compared to the rest of my upper body I have just stuck to those 3 exricises. As for my delts, I just thought I should add more work for them since the are a bit smaller then I would like them to be. Why do you end with squats?
                      Chest too big, Nice problem to have...(end w/squats) I only do that like once a month just to shake things up.
                      "GYM + JUICE"

Comment

Originally posted by ODB View Post
                        Chest too big, Nice problem to have...(end w/squats) I only do that like once a month just to shake things up.
                        Haha yeah....I guess I should not complain! Okay mate thanks for the advice!

Comment

It can be good for you but every one here has his own routine.I must say that it is good but for you but finally i say thank you too because it might be good and beneficial for a new one.

Comment

Way to bump an old post... and you're wrong. Most personal trainers know their shit through experience and not from what they've studied. A personal trainer might not know anything better than you do. I know plenty of people who train much better using their own routines and laugh at the ones some personal trainers give. Plus, YOU are the one to know your body. The trainer doesn't know shit about you but only what he's told. You can make the best routines for yourself if you listen to your body and know the basics.
                            Ain't no use in lookin' down
                            Ain't no discharge on the ground
                            Ain't no use in lookin' back
                            'Cause Jody's got your Cadillac
                            Ain't no use in feelin' blue
                            'Cause Jody's got your lady too

Comment

I agree. Personal Trainers are used by top professional athletes. Jordan, Tyson, Coleman, etc. I agree that the most important part is learning your body and what works for you.
                              Click On The Link Below Before You Place Your Order!

https://www.1napsgear.org/index.php?ref=3777

Comment

Working...
                              X