***chat box***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ***chat box***

I KNOW THE CHAT BOX IS CONVENIENT AND FUN AND ALL..BUT, EVERYTHING POSTED ON THERE CAN BE VIEWED BY ALL... AND CAN CAUSE A VERY BIG STIR UP(AS SOME OF YOU MAY KNOW WHAT I MEAN) I THINK IT MITE BE IN JM'S BEST INTERESTS TO DO AWAY WITH IT. KEEP IT TO PM'ING AND USE OF THREADS. THIS WAY THINGS CANT GET SPUN OUTY OF CONTROOL OR MISINTERPRETED. ONE IDEA CAN STRIKE A NERVE AND THE RIPPLE EFFECT CAN CAUSE QUITE A STIR, WEN ALL CAN B AVOIDED. JUST MY OPINION, DIDN'T REALLY KNOW WHERE ELSE TO POST THIS JUST LOOKING OUT FOR THE FORUM CUZ I TRULY LOVE JM

I know what you mean, I am new to JM and was reading the chat box this morning.... WOW

Comment

Lol, welcome bud.. Ull love it here every1 is real nice and willing to help. Ya, it was intense.

Comment

I'm new here also. after reading the chat box this morning it made me sign up and chime in.
        Pain is weakness leaving the body!

Comment

TBH I like the shout box, it helps keep a bit of fun on the board. If people are abusing this they need warning, if they don't take notice of the warning a 1 week ban should suffice. I'm on a number of boards and the one that I seemed to have drifted off is the one that took off the shoutbox. IMO it helps create a more friendly, more human feel to boards rather than them being just question, answer, question, answer, etc.

Comment

Ya just food for thought for the admin all good ideas

Comment

i like the shout box too. sometimes i just want to say "hey" to whoever is on the board at the time. i do think that it would be good if we had a bold anouncement right above the shout box that says " no source talk in the chat box." we talked about that before. if admin has someone who can write that into the code, that would probably stop a lot of people from breaking the rules.
              if you are new to the board, please take a minute to read the rules...CLICK HERE

Comment

SAM I have tried to get this done as well. I have pm'd all the powers that be about it and maybe when the new site is done they will have something like that

Comment

i hope something happens before it draws unwanted attention. i dont think people mean to do the wrong thing, most people just dont read the rules in time. maybe an automated pm of the rules could be sent to each new member the second they join, and this message should have to clicked on before they can make there first post. if not an automated pm then maybe an automatic email.

Comment

I'm new here but I like the idea of a chat box. If you get rid of it the site should havd some other form of chat that can be between members and is not visible to the entire WWW. Anyone who abuses the chat box should be warned, then suspended and thrid time = ban. Or just ban them after 2nd offense. JMO
                    Founder of M.A.A.D.

Free Your Mind

Comment

It's policed pretty well. The members don't put up with it...

Comment

Safelife1 said:
                        i like the shout box too. sometimes i just want to say "hey" to whoever is on the board at the time. i do think that it would be good if we had a bold anouncement right above the shout box that says " no source talk in the chat box." we talked about that before. if admin has someone who can write that into the code, that would probably stop a lot of people from breaking the rules.
                        Lots of good ideas. What I saw yesterday - my guess he would not have cared much what was considered proper or even posted directly above the chat box.

Safelife1 said:
                        It's policed pretty well. The members don't put up with it...
                        Absolutely. I think those who gravitate here - are eager to help and do what they can.

Comment

Working...
                        X