Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help !!! left muscles bigger than right !!!!!!!! ??????????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help !!! left muscles bigger than right !!!!!!!! ??????????

Hi, can anyone help ?
    I recently started going to the gym, 80% weights ( free weights / resistance machines ) 20% cardio.

I have noticed that I have gained considerable muscle mass on the left side of my body, but nothing on the right ?

I left the same weight, reps and sets both side.

I am naturally right handed and thought that was my stronger side, until I started lifting weights.

My left bicep, tricep, peck, shoulder and trap has become noticeably bigger than my right.

Has anyone ever heard of this ?

I have even been working my right side harder, but it has made no difference.

Any advise would be great as it is driving me f**king mad.

the best thing to do is focus on unilateral movements, so that each side is forced to do the work
    if you are new to the board, please take a minute to read the rules...CLICK HERE

Comment

Thanks, I don't mean to sound stupid, but by the term "unilateral" do you mean one side at a time ?

Comment

movements that will allow each arm to work independently such as DB bench press vs barbell bench press
        if you are new to the board, please take a minute to read the rules...CLICK HERE

Comment

Sam is right, old school bodybuilders mostly preferred the dumbells over the barbell, which they thought was more appropiate for weightlifting - powerlifting and not for building a athletic/aestatic physique.

Comment

Deffo agree as well, I only use Dbells. The rotational movement caused by a little imbalance through using Dbells can tear/stimulate the muscle fibres to a greater degree than with a barbell.

Comment

I agree with the above approaches. But It seems strange to me that it is so noticeably that different on each side tho. No one is symmetrical and it is possible while using bars to work one side harder than the other which will show slight imbalance in symmetry. But you talk as if there is a drastic difference between the left and right. Just how bad are we talking here. If it's as bad as you are saying then I think there must be more to it.

Comment

Would you be willing to post a pic of maybe a bicep shot or something?

Comment

^^not a bad idea to post a pic and don't feel it's anything to be drasticaly worried about, I'm right handed but also much stronger on my left side.

Comment

Yea my left bicep is about 1/4in. bigger than my right... And I'm also right handed..

Comment

My left bicep is bigger also and im also right handed

Comment

No real reason. Just happens. No worries

Comment

You know I had that same problem with my arm and some guy told me to quite jerking off so much with my dominate arm (im being serious) I told him to go get fu****. Then he told me to do more unilateral movements. Now both sides are even.
                          Muscles are made in the kitchen, not in the gym. Eat big to get big.

Comment

I've the same with my traps, left is slightly larger then right.
                            My mate said it was something to do with oxygen getting to the muscle easier/quicker, sounds a little odd to me but i couldn't be bothered to argue.

Comment

i had a similar problem comming off of shoulder injury and i used only dumbbells and cables. it took a little while, but eventualy my strength equealed out

Comment

Working...
                              X