To decline or not to decline?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To decline or not to decline?

Over the years I've heard two different schools of thought on including decline bench press in a chest routine.
    1st: Don't do em' cuz' it will give you more size at the bottom of your chest and give you the look of "bitch tits". Just do dips and that will be enough.

2nd: Do em' cuz' it's the only way to get a serious "cut" at the bottom of your chest.

I stopped including this in my chest routine a couple years ago and don't have that definition I'm after at the bottom of my pec's.
    I'd like to hear of more experienced members who have seen first hand the outcome of either doing them or not doing them.

Did them , both the presses (in the rack) and the fleyes I believe strongly to change every now and then and use different approaches and angles. Plus everything is induvidual , you like it or you don't.

If you hold water (dianabol -test) its not exactly healthy to lie head down, you'll notice in guys with a red head and red eyes popping out. They are mostly short-breathed too.

Comment

Charles poliquin said there was a study done that stated there was no significant eveidence that incline bench built any more muscle than flat or decline. The only difference is probably the cutting of the muscle. But for mass there is no difference. Decline however is much much safer for the shoulder joints!!! I would have to say if thats all you did was decline than maybe you would get " a lil Bitchy " lol but im sure we all do all movements for chest. I say do em!!!
      "It's only after you've lost everything, that your free to do anything"

Comment

I would tend to agree with what Ronny said as far as changing it up and doing alot of different exercises. That is the best way I feel to insure you've hit the muscle from every angle. Then it just comes down to which exercises you like and which ones you don't

Comment

Originally posted by limo View Post
          I would tend to agree with what Ronny said as far as changing it up and doing alot of different exercises. That is the best way I feel to insure you've hit the muscle from every angle. Then it just comes down to which exercises you like and which ones you don't
          Yea I agree with that...I don't like the decline myself but to everyone their own!!!!!

Comment

Why is everyone afraid of lower pecs? It's not the same as gynecomastia or having fat tits. Instead you are just awesome like Chris Masters and can dance them to impress women and weird out Jericho.

Comment

If you hold water (dianabol -test) its not exactly healthy to lie head down, you'll notice in guys with a red head and red eyes popping out. They are mostly short-breathed too.[/QUOTE]

yeah that happens to me too all the time thats why I try not to lie in that position...get all light headed when you stand back up

Comment

I can do more on my decline then the actual flat bench lol so i enjoy it.

Comment

i saw a training video by dorian yates, and he touched on the subject. he says he doesnt understand why people would say not to do them. he mentioned the majority of the chest mass is in the lower section of the chest, so for overall mass, declines should be your bread and butter move
                  Pain is just weakness leaving the body

Comment

i just found the video, he talks about decline around 9:30

http://mdtv.musculardevelopment.com/...-training.html
                    Pain is just weakness leaving the body

Comment

i used to be big on them in my younger years but since being plagued by shoulder problems they do nothing for me now.now i do wghted dips with a slight lean forward and reverse cable crossovers.i bring the handles up to about the height of the bridge of my nose and squeeze hard as hell.
                      also don't be afraid to play around with the adjustable incline benches.some days i'll do a few sets on the 1st rung,then a few more as i go up then back down when doing flyes.brought my lower/mid chest region out better than declines ever did...and less pain.

Comment

Working...
                      X