Quite possibly the most absurd law in the history of Spain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quite possibly the most absurd law in the history of Spain

Just heard on the news that the government is changing the motorway speed limit from 120km/h to 110km/h and why..................? Because the price of fuel has gone up and if we drive slower we'll save money......Who the fuck doesn't know that and if poeople don't know that, educate them on the information.
    I'm living in a country of prohibition rather than one of education.
    We allways had the freedom of choice to drive slower than the speed limit if we wanted to.
    And all this in a country with a financial crisis that has 20% unemployment and a governmnet with no money and now they want to reduce the governmnets income by reducing the amount of money we spend on fuel and pay for changing speed limit signs and recalibrating speed cameras.
    Am I living under the rule of the most retarded president in history?

Well stumpy In america the people fear the government! And it most other countries the government fears the people. So where is the happy medium. Politics and government are one of the most corrupt things we have in this world!!! Its sad to see the people suffer while we bail out banks and ceos and corps. Dont get me started im as anti government as they come!!! they want us computer chipped so they can have a nwo and control everything from one government. Say goodbye to the us dollar and say hello to the amero dollar! i have to stop im getting upset lol
    "It's only after you've lost everything, that your free to do anything"

Comment

I'm also in the same country where if you're over 60 years of age and murder someone you don't go to jail for it.......is Spain the most poorly educated laughing stock of the planet?

Comment

Politics are bad, its better not to look at the debates on TV etc because it always makes me wanna commit murder. Speed in Netherlands increased from 120 to 130 km max.

Comment

Originally posted by pulpak69 View Post
          Well stumpy In america the people fear the government! And it most other countries the government fears the people.
          Fantasic quote and so true. I would have no issue with standing face to face with our prime minister and calling him a prick but it would be unthinkable to do that to the president of the US. You would never see daylight again. Even im afraid of the american the government and im not even american.

Britain has some obsurd policies too. We have spent Millions we can not afford on the wars in Iraq and Afgan all in the name of national security yet our government has just cut thousands of police jobs accross the country in a time where internal terrorism and gang warfare on the streets are our biggest threats. Insane!!!! We need the police more now than ever. They are also cutting funding to the Army?? Whilst we are at war??

Also the most ludacris thing is that if you are a muslim women who wears a veil over your face you may pass through Airport security without having to remove it. Your passport may also allow you to wear the veil in your photo. Im all for respecting other peoples religion and beliefs but this is airport security??... Come on, use some common sense. We need to draw the line somewhere!!

Comment

Originally posted by stumpy View Post
            I'm also in the same country where if you're over 60 years of age and murder someone you don't go to jail for it.......is Spain the most poorly educated laughing stock of the planet?
            Wow is that really true. I didnt know that. Apparently in America if someone breaks into your home and you kill them its considered self defense. In England if someone breaks into your home and threatens your wife and children and you even punch him you can be charged with assault. Thats pathetic. If someone comes into my home and threatens my family a will kick his face off.
            JuicedUK
            Last edited by JuicedUK; 02-26-2011, 03:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JuicedUK View Post
              Wow is that really true. I didnt know that. Apparently in America if someone breaks into your home and you kill them its considered self defense. In England if someone breaks into your home and threatens your wife and children and you even punch him you can be charged with assault. Thats pathetic. If someone comes into my home and threatens my family a will kick his face off.
              I thought they were going to change that law after the farmer (forget his name) shot someone who broke into his home and then got jailed for it.
              Yes that law really is true.....and fkn ridiculas as is the decision by our president to give laptops for every school child in Spain just because they do it in the UK, wouldn't it be better to improve the education system first and not blow millions of Euros during a crisis.

Comment

Most speed limits in the states are 65mph (104 kph ) and in my area most are 55mph (88 kph )

Comment

Does Germany still have the Autobarns that have unlimited speed limit?

Comment

Yeah i know there was alot of debate about that farmer incedent. Im not sure what is happening over the laws but if they change it then it will be years before it comes into effect i think. England loves its paperwork and forms and meetings.

I get the impression none of the world leaders really know what they are doing. At least your not under Franco anymore. Things could be worse. I love Spain i think its a beautiful country. Ive been there about 15 times. Im going to Murcia in June.
                    I heard spain is leading the world in womens rights and equality. Is it true the drinking age for alchohol is 14 in spain?

Comment

Yeah Germany still has unposted sections of the Autobahns (there are several in Germany not just one). I had the pleasure of driving on them when I was in the Army back in 80's. The fastest i ever drove a car was 150mph. I was driving a BMW that I had rented. It was great until this guy shot past me like I was parked.....no lie it was a lamborghini and he had to have been going close to 190mph. He left me standing there................

Comment

lol, aint that a bitch. You think your king of the road and someone fks it for ya. Over here they just don't have the cars to follow you if your speeding so if you've got false plates or anti camera covered plates you can get away with it.

Comment

Im trying to upload 2 images onto this post but its not working. How do i upload an image from my desktop. Ive tried using the insert image button and putting in the file path but didnt work?
                          JuicedUK
                          Last edited by JuicedUK; 02-27-2011, 04:14 PM.

Comment

Sorry guys cant seem to upload so please see this link instead. http://robson.m3rlin.org/cars/caparo-police-car-t1/

Good luck escaping this. :-)

Comment

So after reading this thread, you guys have forced me on the rant train. why is it, a small group of like minded individuals, like us, can be from all over the world and all have the same views? If you watch the tv, you would think that we all were, well, from different sides of the world. What I have found and you can correct me if I'm wrong and please do but it seems it's this: all of our common denominator here is obviously weight lifting. I think what goes along with that is everyone here is logical based law abiding people. You want to do good, work hard, enjoy life, enjoy family and friends and basically be left the Frick alone. Our passion is to be fit, lift weights and look good. So why are we forced to put up with people passing laws that have nowhere near the conviction and dedication to anything in their miserable lives like we do? I'm from USA and it has become a FRICKIN JOKE!!!!!!! Kids obesity rate is nearing like 80 percent. Unemployment is going through the roof. Crime is going through the roof. Yet, our president feels it necessary to bail out banks??? WTF???? We are slaves to middle east oil and our gas prices are supposed to hit 5 bucks. Gallon. Dude this is not the land of the free. Then to top is off, we have more people here worried about the rights of the illegals crossing over from Mexico. Oh and more concerns for how the Muslims in America are treated because they come here and want to maintain their exact culture as if they were in the middle east. I will respect anybody who is respectable but I can't stand when I am told this is what I have to do because the government has decided it's best for ll of us. All I can say my friends from everywhere here, we are in for some trying times. It's going to get worse I'm afraid. Godspeed to us all.
                              MODERN DAY GUNSLINGER

Comment

Working...
                              X