Health watch 24 hour urine test?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Health watch 24 hour urine test?

If you are going to use A/S, things you should know is how to read your blood work and the signs your body is relaying to you. This thread I will discuss a 24 hours urine also known as Urine protein and urine protein to creatinine ratio. Usually after a few months of blood work and the doctor notices that your AST (SGOT),ALT (SGPT), creatine urine are high, he will order a 24 hour blood urine test. It's easy meanins you pee in a container for 24 hours. This is done , becaue just regular reading of the AST,ALT by blood could not give a direct indication that you have kidney failure ect. If just going by blood work, someting you ate are drank could be stressing your organs for that time and not meaning that there is a problem. A lot of oral medications could be a big reason for these reading, (17 alk), injects also causes stress and the more you take the more stress. This test actually shows the clearence of protein in urine. My last test showed a reading2093.8 which was high within 24 hours, normal for my age and weight is 1000.0-2000.0, but my creatine clearance was 102 ml/min, the normal range was 97-137, which showed that my kidneys are working way above normal. (in plan english, i drink two gallons of water a day and piss like a water hose). WATER WATER WATER, you all should be thinking. Even though my AST and ALT were high doing my blood work, kidneys are working very well to push all toxins out. My AST was 76 high, normal is 0-40 and ALT 75 high, normal is 0-55.

The Test
    How is it used?
    Urine protein testing is used to detect protein in the urine, to evalute and monitor kidney fuction, and to detect and diagnose early kidney damage and disease. If a slight to moderate amounts of protein are detected, the a reat urinalysis and dipstick preotein in the urine may be performed at a later time to see if there is still protein in the urine or if it dropped back to detectable levels. If there is a large amount of protein in the first sample and the protein persists in the second sample, then a 24 hour urine will be used as a follow up test. Sine the dipstick measures albumin, the 24 hour urine protein test also may be ordered if a doctor suspects that proteins other than albumin are being released.

The urine protein tells the doctor that protein is present in the urine, but does not tell which types or present or the cause of the proteinuria. Doctor may also want to order a serum and urine protein electrophoresis test to decide which proteins are being excreted and in what quantities. This is especially true if he suspects abnormal proteir production, such as with multiple myeloma. He may order a comphrehensive metabolic panel (CMP) to look at the aalbumin and the total protein levels in the blood and to evaluate kidney and liver function. If kidney disease or damage is suspected, he may also imaging scans to evaluate appearence of the organ.

A protein to creatine ratio may be order on a random urine samples if a child shows evidence of significant and persistent protein in their urine with the dipstick urine test. Children as well as adults occasionally have some degree of transient protenuria without apparent kidney dysfuction and may have a higher excretion of protein into their urine during the day then at night. The doctor may monitor their urine at intervals to see if the amount of proteinuria changes over time.

Either a 24 hour urine or a random protein to creatinine ratio may be used to monitor a patient with know kidney disease or damage. a dipstick urine protein an or a protein to creatinine ratio maybe used to screen patients on a regular basis when they are taken medicaton that may affect the lidney function.

When is it ordered;
    a routine physical, pregnacy, urinary tract infection, as part of a hospital admission or when doctor wants to evaluate kidney fuction. The 24 hour test can be order when the dipsticks show large and small amount of protein detected.

WHAT DOES THE TEST RESULTS MEAN:

PROTEIN IN THE URINE IS A WARNING SIGN. IT INDICATE KIDNEY DAMAGE OR DIEASE or it may transient elevation due to infection, medication, vigorous exercise, or emotional or physical stress. some people it may be present doing the day and absent at night. when kidney damage is present, the amount of protein present, is generally associated with the severity of damage, and decreasing kidney function. Important orals, injection, long time use can show postives results. The funny thing is the longer you stay off, the better the blood work gets. BE SMART GET BLOOD WORK.
Working...
X