leg workout question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• leg workout question

so for my leg day im adding some plyometrics and a lot of speed training, sprint work. my question is since i wont be doing this at the gym i will ether be going there before or after for the rest of my routine squats, leg press etc so how should i split this routine up through the day?? should i hit one in the morning and one later that day or do it all together back to back?

Do it back to back. Plyos and speed work will be less efficient if you do them after a heavy leg day or after your legs have been worked and the muscle fibers have been broken down. Or another option would be to incorporate a Plyo/speed day into your routine on a seperate day along with a regular leg day(squats, leg press, etc.) later on in the week. Hope this helps.

Comment

thanks for the advice il try hitting the gym after the speed work seems like the best way

Comment

I comepletly agree with littlenicky. I wouldnt do plyometrics after heavy leg work. You could do them before as a good leg warm up just before you lift or as nicky said have a separate plyo day if you can.

Comment

I say before as well not after. Christian Thibaudeau has some interesting articles on this. the website you can find out some info is tnation.com great stuff.
          "It's only after you've lost everything, that your free to do anything"

Comment

Working...
          X