Protein vs calories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Protein vs calories

First off i understand eat big get big and all that jazz. What i want to hear from some peeps is how they feel about eating normal meals and or calories a day. And taking in lets say 1 gram protein or more per pound of body weight with shakes and what not. Can you still gain mass this way??? Will you gain just lean mass??? Or is calories the end all be all get big plan PERIOD!!! I would love to eat
    like a normal person for once. But still gain some weight and get lean. CAn you take in high protein without eating 6 to 8 meals???Any replies and comments would be awsome!!! SAM where are ya hahaha
    "It's only after you've lost everything, that your free to do anything"

I'd be really interested to hear some of the answers to this too. Good question Pulpak.

Comment

Thinkin about this question I think that energy may become a slight issue. You may recover slower and burn out in the gym faster and be generally tired. It depends on how much cals you were gettin from a regular diet. But yes you will still gain, maybe not as much but you will still build muscle IMO. I've still gained when I go through times of lazy eating. But I do notice I can't hit the gym as hard if I'm not eaton right. It all depends on what you want from the cycle. If you want the best results the you have to eat right, if you eat mediocre you will gain mediocre.
      JuicedUK
      Last edited by JuicedUK; 02-12-2011, 12:08 AM.

Comment

Its really this simple, Calories in vs Calories expended. At the end of the day you want to have a surplus of calories. Once youve surplussed 3500 calories that should be equal to 1lb. And protein is of the essence. You cant build a sturdy house wihthout wood right? So, you cant build a big body without Protein. And the reason people are suggested to eat 3 times a day is so that they can get all of the nutrients that their body needs and not more than it can efficiently utilize. Example: Most peoples bodies cant utilize high amounts of protein at one meal setting. The protein that your body cant use is pissed/shit out or stored as fat because your body cant store protein as protein in the bodys like it can carbs or fat. So eating 100g carbs 3xs a day would render less results as eating 50g 6xs a day. Hope this helps brother.

Comment

a wise man once said "everyone wants to be a bodybuilder but no one wants to lift these heavy ass weights". the same sentiment may be even more true about the BB diet. at the end of the day, you are going to get the results you've worked for. the real work isn't in the gym. the gym is the fun part! the real work is the rest of the day when it comes to eating. prepping food, packing food, eating every 2 hours. force feeding. chew food, mouth full of water, swallow, repeat, until the plate is empty. it's not natural. it's not normal. but it is the biggest key to getting huge.

can you add mass on a regular 2000 calorie diet? it depends how big you are. if you just started training, then sure, i bet you could gain a little. it wouldn't be long until you maxed out the size you could get on the amount of real food protein you're eating. food, and more specifically, protein is the key. as far as carbs and fat, i believe that everyone is different and you need to find what works for you. but a baseline of closer to 2 grams of protein for an AAS using bodybuilder is what i would suggest.

one more thought. if someone were interested in eating this way, i wouldn't suggest AAS to them. the main function of AAS for BBer's is to increases the amount of protein that can be taken into the muscle cell. that means, AAS increase your ability to use MORE protein. in order for that to work, the AAS user needs to eat even more protein to get the benefit of his gear. then, when the cycle is over, he needs to continue to eat higher amounts of protein to sustain his new level of mass.

there is no way around it lol! heres a thread i made the other day about this topic....
          http://juicedmuscle.com/showthread.p...w-much-protein
          if you are new to the board, please take a minute to read the rules...CLICK HERE

Comment

I agree on most of the stuff said. And i practice good eating and small meals ect... But people on or off juice cant tell me it doesnt suck eating so much. But yes thats why we do it to get big. I was really just trying to see if the protein was the key rather than excess calories. Think about this guys. If you had a big protein shake for breakfast and some carbs to help push nutrients into the muscle. and a piece of fruit for breakfast, then shake mid morning snack. then normal good lunch chicken rice ect.... then shake mid afternoon maybe some fruit or vegges nuts and hard boiled eggs mixed in day. then gym post workout stuff. then good high protein dinner and then shake before bed. If i added up calories i bet it would be about 2500 calories. And if i added up protein it prob equals 200 grams. I would be very interested to see if it works. i should try it. This reminds me in a way of the warrior diet. But a lil tweaked!!! And sam i did read that before i posted mine. Good write up!!!
            "It's only after you've lost everything, that your free to do anything"

Comment

no reason not to use a couple shakes in your day. i have personally found though, that nothing really compares to solid food. still, you can only do so much, espeically when trying to live life at the same time

one thing to consider about whey though...i heard dr scott connelly talking about how whey prtein shakes will digest faster than normal protein. he said it it's gone in about an hour vs the normal 2-3 hrs of solid foods.
              sam1976
              Last edited by sam1976; 02-12-2011, 07:36 PM.
              if you are new to the board, please take a minute to read the rules...CLICK HERE

Comment

Originally posted by sam1976 View Post
                no reason not to use a couple shakes in your day. i have personally found though, that nothing really compares to solid food. still, you can only do so much, espeically when trying to live life at the same time

one thing to consider about whey though...i heard dr scott connelly talking about how whey prtein shakes will digest faster than normal protein. he said it it's gone in about an hour vs the normal 2-3 hrs of solid foods.
                Its hard for me to eat 300 grams of protein so I'm a believer when it come to the protein supplements... Sam... What are your thoughts on ''Meal Replacements'' ??

Comment

i make my own in the off season. throw in oats and or natty p.butter. i have a hard time eating breakfast. right now, first thing in the morning, i'm doing 50g protein from whey/ 50grams fat from p. butter and then eat 1 cut of oats in a seperate bowl, or toast.

post work out, i previously used whey plus maltodex or waxy maize. but now i'm doing things different so i can use insulin preworkout.

Comment

i make my own in the off season. throw in oats and or natty p.butter. i have a hard time eating breakfast. right now, first thing in the morning, i'm doing 50g protein from whey/ 50grams fat from p. butter and then eat 1 cut of oats in a seperate bowl, or toast.

post work out, i previously used whey plus maltodex or waxy maize. but now i'm doing things different so i can use insulin preworkout.
                    Watch out now!!! Sounds like your going all in..lololololol You running ''GH'' ??

Comment

yep a little, plus ifg on and off. i'm trying to fgure out the best way to use peptides for me. so far so good

Comment

yep a little, plus ifg on and off. i'm trying to fgure out the best way to use peptides for me. so far so good
                        I'm thinking of Growth right now... Never used it before and kinda excited...Let me know how you like it...

Comment

it's the second time i've used it. first time was for about 4 months for a show. now i've been on it for about 9 months at 3-4iu. it's not going to change you into a monster, but i can eat way more without getting fat.

Comment

Working...
                          X