• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Get Along With People in the Gym

taken from : http://articles.elitefts.com/article...le-in-the-gym/

How to Get Along With People in the Gym
    By The Angry CoachPublished: February 3, 2011

1. Don?t leave your wrist straps on and then walk around with them dangling off your arms like you?re some kind of ?athlete.? Nobody gives a shit, dude, and you can?t possibly be using them for every exercise.

2. Don?t stand on shit if you don?t need to. I can?t imagine a single reason for a guy to stand on top of a box squat box to do shrugs unless he?s 3′7″ and can?t reach the hooks where the bar is (in which case he should just f-ing deadlift it). Yet I see this every day.
    3. If there are ten different spots to do a particular exercise, and only one guy using one area, don?t use the area right next to him. Learn some f-ing spacial awareness.

4. Put your shit away. You?re not strong enough for anyone to have to clean up after you. I?ve been in gyms for the better part of 25+ years. I?m not taking plates off the bar for a sixteen year old kid.

5. Shut the f?k up.

6. There is no reason on God?s green earth for the settings on a glute-ham raise, every day, to be switched to having the footpads at the lowest possible setting and the half moon pad extended to where like 8 holes are showing. Last time I looked, I didn?t see any 8′2″ guys at my gym, and there is no exercise I can envision that requires a GHR to be set this way ? so I assume it?s being used by people who have no idea what it is.

7. Stop posturing. There are 20 people in the gym who can whip your ass in a fight.

8. If you?re standing in line for something and it?s crowded and cramped, don?t repeatedly turn around. It irritates the guy standing behind you like you would not believe. This has nothing to do with the gym, but it?s sound advice.

9. While I?m at it, if you?re walking in a crowded pedestrian through-way, don?t stop walking. If you need to do this, pull over to the side.

10. When you take a leak, wash your f-ing hands, especially if there?s someone else in the bathroom who will know you didn?t do so.

That?s just from this morning.
    if you are new to the board, please take a minute to read the rules...CLICK HERE

i lol'd at #5
    if you are new to the board, please take a minute to read the rules...CLICK HERE

Comment

Like number 7 lol
      You can't run when the cage door closes !!

Comment

yea right. it's funny. we get these kids who want to be tough. since they aren't big, they throw on a tap out outfit and say they're MMA. that gives them the excuse to strut around acting like bad asses. thing is, i dont think they really fight. maybe watch it on tv, but thats about it.

Comment

#5 is what its about!!!!!

Comment

Lol we have a gym full of them guys they come in all big and bad and talking shit but the funny thing is they always forget how to kick don't even know what a push kick is can't strike and out of breath 35 mins in to the work out lol
            You can't run when the cage door closes !!

Comment

can't stand going to rack ect. and plates and dumbells all over the F-kn place Nobodys mama's at the gym rack your weights

Comment

i think its hillarious when you see that guy in the gym screaming each rep he does of 225 on bench press lol, then slamm it back on to the rack like they just bench pressed a car

Comment

I Like it I like it LMAO....

Comment

Originally posted by zkyzalimit
                    I gotta say I'm guilty of #1 when I train back. I tend to leave them laying around and have to back track looking for them if I take them off. And I do use them for nearly every back exercise for the heavy sets. If you don't use straps for back give em a shot at least once. I'd be willing to bet you can go heavier while maintaining form and you'l be sore the next day.
                    i agree. i keep my straps on too for back day. i also will use them for most everything, on the heavier sets and even the moderate sets. i have been dealing with tennis elbow for the last 8 months and the less tention in can put on my hand, the better off my elbow is. plus, if i take them off, i am likely to lose them

Comment

Good post. Other people can be extremely annoyong. My Gym has a problem with groups of like 10 guys going together and taking it in turns hogging one machine...usually the one i wanna use but they spend most of the time sat on it just talking. Then you ask them if you can use it to get "No were usin it" They do 1 set and back to talking...Really irritates me.

And yes i agree people stopping in walkways is annoying. When i go shopping to a crowded shopping centre (Mall) and the people are cramped together walking and the person in front of you just stops?? Some people just have no sense of their surroundings. There are 100 people infront of you walking, does it not occur to to you there may be a 100 people behind you also walking and you stopping dead like a moron causes mayhem. But these people cause everyone else problems and either dont even notice cos they are so dumb or pull a face as if its their god given right to bring everyone else to a standstill....

And dont get me started on drivers.........

Ok Rant over

Comment

Oh and yes. People who dont put dumbbells back on the rack. Thats just lazy and inconsiderate. Or putting them back in the wrong place like putting the 50's next to the 10's. You can count to 50 cant you mate??? Or is that a bit of a challenge for you??

Comment

What pisses me off is when someone sweats their ass off on a piece of equipment and then leaves it there." Yo d-bag, your cleaning lady taking a shit or what?"

Comment

Thats awesome just needs one more line to be the top 11 commandments there use to be a sign above the door where I used to train and it read--

"Come in train hard, sweat, bleed a little or get the fuck out and go to Gold's" I used to love that sign

Comment

Originally posted by limo View Post
                              Thats awesome just needs one more line to be the top 11 commandments there use to be a sign above the door where I used to train and it read--

"Come in train hard, sweat, bleed a little or get the fuck out and go to Gold's" I used to love that sign
                              That's about the opposite of the gym I go to unfortunately. PF the Judgement Free Zone. I can't stand it really, if it wern't so cheap and convenient for me (proximity to my house, free guest, free tanning for the backne) I'd have switched a long time ago. They have more rules then my first grade teacher did, I'm actually quite surprised they haven't kicked me out.

Comment

Working...
                              X