Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Body image when job interview (big guys)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body image when job interview (big guys)

How many of you beleive, you didn't get a job because of your size. It is a known fact that big guys sometimes don't get the job because the boss, is thinking, (what the hell, if i have to disaplen this guy, he may go off on me) or he is a steroid head or man the woman in the office thinks he's hot). Anyone, cause I have. When I was a Officer and got charged by someone whom i had to split his oak; The lawyer that was hired by the city, would tell me not to come in uniform and wear baggy clothes so the jury would not see that I was in shape and feel the suspect never had a chance. Mind u now the accused had already commited a serious crime. Had a 13 year old one time pull a darenger (tiny hand gun, fit in your palm) out on me and pull the trigger, clicked it 2 times, before I open up a can of woop butt on him. Well needless to say the gun was jammed and broke. The accused was about 6'5 245 and was 13 years old. We charged him with everything, when I went to court prosecutor told me well since the gun was not operable, where giving him probation! I said what! He could of killed me and more so, I said ,had I shot him because the gun didn't work, would you of brought me up on charges. Kid parents sued, of course didn't win against the state but damm. We pay for being big more ways then one.

Now a sweet little blonde with a tinty skirt would get the job. In my gyms I have all nice honeys at the desk, but I use body image in a postive way. crazy
    SAFELIFE1
    Banned
    Last edited by SAFELIFE1; 02-06-2011, 03:41 AM.

I feel like my size messes with me getting a job... Maybe why I got turned down from the last one..

Comment

for a long time big strong guys have been associated with neanderthals. Everyone thinks that if your big, you are probably dumb.

Comment

i actually read an article about this topic a few yrs back in mens health. they said being big was looked at as a good thing. someone who is muscular is preceived as being healthy and therefore more dependable and more likely to take charge. my boss likes that i'm a BBer. he has said things like he knows i'm competitive and knows it takes a strong work ethic to be a bodybuilder.

i can see how it can be looked down on too. i bet some of it has to do with the person and how they view BBing. my boss is really into sports, so he kind of gets it
        if you are new to the board, please take a minute to read the rules...CLICK HERE

Comment

another things is, i'm not as big as you safelife. in clothes, i can still somewhat hide my physique, espeically when i'm dieted down. i'm sure mens health wasn't talking about super heavy weights, lol
          if you are new to the board, please take a minute to read the rules...CLICK HERE

Comment

Im not huge by any means, but I was told by one of the main guy at a gym I go to, to try and stay self employed because no one would hire me. I was like WTF? He said ya man there is no way someone will hire you unless they have a way open mind because ur arms are huge and that intimidates people.

Then he told me about a doc appt he had where to doc gave him shit for being so big and proceeded to tell this guy "what do you think your special or something"? he freaked out cuz this was a doctor that is supposed to be helping him not giving him shit. It was crazy, I don't remember everything in the convo but basically the doc was intimidated from what I gathered.
            Oh Really, ya think!?

Comment

Lol lol. Only in the usa.

Comment

Working...
              X