turkey vs. beef

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• turkey vs. beef

I've been using ground turkey for 1 meal and evening snack. Its 97% fat free and comparable protein to beef. Anyone else do this or have a particular aversion to this? I use it because its cheaper and leaner than the beef at my stores.

I do this as well. I use 93% lean though. Tastes damn good and is very cheap here in my parts. About to make some turkey tacos here in a bit!

Comment

AS long as I take my need2slin with it, its doesnt matter what I eat.

Comment

i use alot of ground turkey when i'm dieting, so i dont eat it much other times of the year. that way, i'm less likely to get burnt out on it. when i'm trying to gain mass, i eat more red meat. in my opinion, beef is the king of meats when it comes to growing and adding mass. it makes me full and strong. no other protein source makes me feel like beef! i am lucky that my metabolism moves fast and i can eat some red meat while dieting. usually, i will use it for my post workout meal. i use ground serloin, washed in a strainer to reduce the fat, ny strip with the fat trimmed off, and the last month of a contest diet, i only use filet mignon.

i've also found that bison works a lot like beef. it has a very similar amino acid profile, but the ground bison i use is 97% fat free. i believe that all bison is free range too, so the fats are much better for you. beleive it or not, you can find some ok deals online through ranches out west that'll overnight 20 lbs of ground bison for reasonable prices. i think i paid $4-5 a lb last time i ordered. went through a ranch called "blue bison"
        if you are new to the board, please take a minute to read the rules...CLICK HERE

Comment

I eat very little red meat. Mostly turkey and chicken and fish. I make a turkey/pork meatloaf that is awesome.

Comment

bbq buffalo is sooooo good. They also have buffalo sausages. imo they are the whip!!! So good for you too. Sam is a wise man. way leaner
            "It's only after you've lost everything, that your free to do anything"

Comment

Have to try some bison sounds good

Comment

Working...
              X