New Old Guy pumping at 63 years old

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Old Guy pumping at 63 years old

Hey guys, I am 63 years old, have stayed in shape and have just finished a T cycle (5 weeks ago). My current blood tests show a T count of 727, so I did a good PTC recovery. I'm 5'10" and weigh 210 and currently bench with my weight. I plan to start my second cycle next week and am going to double my T intake to 500mg/week divided into to two dispersions. I am wondering about Equipois, any input on that I was considering once a week on that. Any thoughts??

I just want to say congrats on staying in shape holy shit. 63 and you still hit the weights thats awesome. I'm clueless on any advice about substances for older people. I don't have any knowledge on the effects on the organs, mainly liver enzymes in an older male who choses to cycle.....I'm all for it mind you------just uncharted territory for me but congrats again for staying in the game

Comment

This is uncharted territory for me also... I am retired and have the time so, I figured I would try a couple of cycles. My blood work came out very good, liver counts exactly on the mark. I did find that I am a bit anemic! Hemoglobin and hematocrit are both low, so I have started with iron supplements and increased my intake of the dark green leafy vegetables.

I will keep the forum informed of anything I learn during this journey. All of us, God willing, will age.

Comment

Originally posted by repsol61 View Post
        Hey guys, I am 63 years old, have stayed in shape and have just finished a T cycle (5 weeks ago). My current blood tests show a T count of 727, so I did a good PTC recovery. I'm 5'10" and weigh 210 and currently bench with my weight. I plan to start my second cycle next week and am going to double my T intake to 500mg/week divided into to two dispersions. I am wondering about Equipois, any input on that I was considering once a week on that. Any thoughts??
        welcome to JM! as far as EQ, it needs to be run at a fiarly high dose in order to work. doubling your test dose to 500mg is probably going to yeild some pretty good results on it's own and your cycle will still remain pretty simple. adding EQ to the mix is going to make things a little more comlicated. a good basic dose of EQ is around 600mg. i wouldn't use any less. so right there, you have gone from using 1cc of oil per wk to around 5. thats a lot of shots. in your first cycle, you will have gone from running 250mg of hormone and now you'd be bumping that to over 1gram in total. i'm not sure how your blood pressure is, but EQ can cause often issues with that. my suggtestion would be to stick with the test at 500mg and see how that works for you.
        if you are new to the board, please take a minute to read the rules...CLICK HERE

Comment

Sam, my BP is good. My biggest issue is arthritis in my carpel-metacarpal joints. That happens when you abuse your hands your adult life. I will take your advice and just do the T @ 250mg/wk X 2. I am on this forum for the advice from people, such as yourself, with experience.

Comment

Sam, my BP is good. My biggest issue is arthritis in my carpel-metacarpal joints. That happens when you abuse your hands your adult life. I will take your advice and just do the T @ 250mg/wk X 2. I am on this forum for the advice from people, such as yourself, with experience.

i think something you might be interested in is deca. somewhere around 400mg is good for building, but just 250mg EW really helps with the ol' joints. i love it. it is even used at that low dose in some of the anti-aging clinics to help the older guys feel better. there is a major drawback though. it is very supressive on the HPTA and a lot of guys have a hard time recovering from it. and from what i've seen, older guys seem to have a harder time recovering from cycling anyway. it would be a perfect addition if you ever planned to go on hrt.

oh and just in case you didnt know, AAS can really effect your cholesterol, so make sure to keep an eye on that
            if you are new to the board, please take a minute to read the rules...CLICK HERE

Comment

Originally posted by sam1976 View Post
              i think something you might be interested in is deca. somewhere around 400mg is good for building, but just 250mg EW really helps with the ol' joints. i love it. it is even used at that low dose in some of the anti-aging clinics to help the older guys feel better. there is a major drawback though. it is very supressive on the HPTA and a lot of guys have a hard time recovering from it. and from what i've seen, older guys seem to have a harder time recovering from cycling anyway. it would be a perfect addition if you ever planned to go on hrt.

oh and just in case you didnt know, AAS can really effect your cholesterol, so make sure to keep an eye on that
              Sam, you got me on a couple of abbreviations: I searched and came up empty. EW, and hrt??

Comment

Welcome. I love to prove to the young guys that you can always improve at any age. The peak at 35 thing is a myth. Most people run EQ at higher doses but I do great at only 300mgs a week.

Comment

Sam, you got me on a couple of abbreviations: I searched and came up empty. EW, and hrt??
                  every week and hormone replacement therapy.

Originally posted by omni View Post
                  Welcome. I love to prove to the young guys that you can always improve at any age. The peak at 35 thing is a myth. Most people run EQ at higher doses but I do great at only 300mgs a week.
                  i hope you're right or else i'm getting ready to pass my peak right now, lol!

Comment

Damn 35??? I'm looking to peak this year and I turn 44 next month so I hope the peak thing is a myth

Comment

Wait a minute.....Gee whiz someone should have told me I was over the hill! To me, 63 is not bad at all, as I mentioned I have a bit of arthritis in my thumbs and that prevents me from doing dips. I have worked in construction most of my adult life, supervision the latter years, but I have always tried to stay in shape. I am doing a bit of juice to assist in latter year muscle development. I remember how Dad looked at 63, I am not that person.
                      You guys and this site are a big help, and I appreciate it. I should have my second shipment this week and I am anxious to start the 250X2 on the T. 250 X1 made some noticeable changes in my structure. Again, Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                      X