Impact on lipid profile?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Impact on lipid profile?

Hey guys, long story short... I was an avid lifter and crossfit trainer well I was active duty in the army, I was in the best shape of my life and has used prohormones twice (3-ad and superdrol). I let that all go after an injury and went into a slump, I spent some time inactive and gaining wait then 2 years ago I got back into the gym heavy and have bee training hard since. I did fail to cleanup my diet this past 2 years, I've been eating whatever I want and just making my daily protein goal. I decided before I tipped into doing a cycle I should get labs, turned out my HDL and LDL were normal range but the ratio between the two wasn't optimal, and my triglycerides were 250 so obviously way high there. I'm sure it's directly related to my crap diet and lack of cardio.

Now to get to the point, I want to run a cycle so I setup an appointment for labs 6 months out, eating super clean and adding cardio in 5 days a week, hoping in 6 months my numbers are optimal. My BF is currently about 18% so of course estrogen conversion would also be high at the moment.

Now question is if my labs are optimal in 6 months should I be concerned about a basic cycle throwing them off really bad? I am not exactly sure how large the impact is on a test only cycle.

So in consideration... would running something mild like anavar and a low test dose or hcg with the var have less impact vs. running 500mq test/week? Ultimately I want to run the cycle so I can drop to a large calorie deficit and get as lean as I possibly can. I know some people will disagree as if its my first cycle I should capitalize on the gains and eat big and clean but part of me would like my first for getting lean, as I have read the first cycle typically has the largest impact if done right. And mind you I don't mean using a cycle at 18% BF to lean down, I mean when I'm down to 12-14ish to drop to under 10. I really dislike the weak feeling of cutting....

Anyway.. any input fellas? Especially on the lipid impact?

No input? I know there was a lot of extra info in there and sorry for that.

Ultimately I would like to know how severe the impact is on lipid profiles, and how we combat it, things to take etc. I know fish oil and red yeast is supposed to be good, I believe I heard niacin as well.

Anyway.. does anyone just have a few links to articles with that information?

Comment

Orals especially winstrol have the largest negative impact on cholesterol and triglycerides. Get your labs back correct before you cycle. I am more conservative than many, but I don't live to have big arms at the expense of my health. I'll never compete, I just like to look good, be strong, and keep up with my nine year old son. First cycle is a no brainer. First try to get your body fat down, that will go a long way toward improving your lab results. Most will tell you 500mg test a week. If you go this route I'd recommend some aromasin 25mg every day. That's exactly what I run and that puts my estrogen right where it needs to be according to my lab results. It's also good to have some raloxifene handy in case you start getting symptoms of gynecomastia. I'm going to recommend that you only run 250mg every 6 days. I know this is lower than anybody else will probably tell you but I can almost guarantee that you won't need aromasin or raloxifene and you will still get good keepable gains. For PCT I'd recommend toremifene and possibly 12.5mg aromasin every day. I've been doing this a long time and I stand by everything I just said. It may seem like a low dose but if you have good accurately dosed testosterone it will work. Train hard, eat right, and get your rest. If you want to do a crazy high dosages I can guide you in that direction as well but it's just unnecessarily complicated at this stage.

Comment

As far as supplements for cholesterol, niacin, the nicotinic acid version is the only one that I'd recommend. Life extension makes a supplement called Cardio Peak that works very well. I don't feel like getting all into the science of why but Life Extension cites the studies on their website. And a good brand of fish oil with a high dha/epa concentration. PM me if you need more information. I don't check this site much. Not yet at least.

Comment

Working...
        X