• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conor McGregor: I Want To Get Rich & Get Out

Conor McGregor: I Want To Get Rich & Get Out
    By Mike Henken -
    Nov 5, 2015

Interim UFC featherweight champion and Irish superstar the “Notorious” Conor McGregor is scheduled to take on reigning 145-pound boss Jose Aldo at December 12’s UFC 194 from Las Vegas in what’s shaping up to be the biggest fight in the history of the sport.

Although obviously eying the belt, it’s been very clear that McGregor is all about the dollar signs. He prides himself on being the UFC’s cash cow, and in reality, his numbers prove just that.

That being said, the “Notorious” one isn’t oblivious to the fact that mixed martial arts (MMA) is a dangerous game, especially if one sticks around too long:

“I am not stupid. I am a very bright guy,” the Irish superstar recently said during an interview with UK’s GQ Magazine. “I know that in the fighting game, you get people who get brain damage and do themselves long-term harm.”

It’s for this very reason that the 27-year-old Irish slugger may not stay in the fight game for too much longer, noting that his plan is to make as much money as possible, and then hang it up:

“I am going to get very, very rich and then I will get out and we will see what comes after that.”

If money is the goal, McGregor has obviously been doing quite a nice job. He was originally set to meet Aldo at July 11’s UFC 189, but Aldo was ultimately forced out of the bout due to a rib injury. Chad Mendes stepped up on short notice, but the fight still did very well financially, mainly due to the “Notorious” one.

His fight next month should do even better than his last contest and he will make a nice chunk of change at the end of the day.

How much longer will McGregor compete in the Octagon?

Working...
X