Can you do do to much Cardio??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you do do to much Cardio??

Let me throw this one out and get some prospective on this subject, your opinions are appreciated. Can you reach a point in your Cardio training that your actually hurting your Muscle growth?? If so why??

Yes, you should have an idea what amount of carbs you take in and how much you can burn. Give you and example. Right now i am 286 lbs. I do hour of cardio 4 or five day a week. I take in a total of 5,550 carbs a day. The reason i do this much cardio is the last three years when i was bulking up i shot up to 330 lbs and had to start my diet 3 months out to get ripped. Now i keep in range for posting, supplement pictures from sponcers and staying in range for up coming shows. But this was through trial and area. So it depends on your body type and where you want to be. Again it's trial and error, everybody is different. Look at your body and see what it is saying if your flat then yes, its eating at your muscle. Guess i wasn't much help.

Comment

Originally posted by SAFELIFE1 View Post
      Yes, you should have an idea what amount of carbs you take in and how much you can burn. Give you and example. Right now i am 286 lbs. I do hour of cardio 4 or five day a week. I take in a total of 5,550 carbs a day. The reason i do this much cardio is the last three years when i was bulking up i shot up to 330 lbs and had to start my diet 3 months out to get ripped. Now i keep in range for posting, supplement pictures from sponcers and staying in range for up coming shows. But this was through trial and area. So it depends on your body type and where you want to be. Again it's trial and error, everybody is different. Look at your body and see what it is saying if your flat then yes, its eating at your muscle. Guess i wasn't much help.
      Out of curiosity, how much cardio are you doing when your cutting for contest then?

Comment

Well it may change . Because of the t-3 and clen mix. So i go by my apperance..... And body fat readings.

Comment

Exactly what people should do in my opinion, go by how you look in the mirror and your BF. The mirror never lies

Comment

just to talk about another angle, for me, the amount i need has changed as my life has changed. 2 yrs ago, my job didn't require me to do a lot of physical labor. then after the company went under, i took a job that required me to do a lot of manual labor. 2 years ago, while working the old job, i did cardio starting at 16 wks out and worked my way up to almost 2 hours a day, total. last year while working my new crappy job, i didn't even touch a piece of cardio equiptment until 6 wks out and ended up leaner.

environmental factors played a huge role in how much cardio i needed.
            if you are new to the board, please take a minute to read the rules...CLICK HERE

Comment

Originally posted by limo View Post
              Exactly what people should do in my opinion, go by how you look in the mirror and your BF. The mirror never lies
              100% agree. once, i stayed the same weight for 8 wks while dieting, but i kept getting leaner and more ripped every wk. wish i could do that every time!
              if you are new to the board, please take a minute to read the rules...CLICK HERE

Comment

Working...
              X