Just Bought 2 Snakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just Bought 2 Snakes

Just bought 2 snakes for the kids today.One is a Corn snake and the other is a Ball Python.Both are babies but the Corn snake is friggin tiny.Probably 10 inches long and his head is like the size of my pinkie nail.LOL

I and we have had snakes in the past and really love having them as pets.Anything you've heard or thought about snakes is wrong.They are the perfect pet.First off,they make no noise,very very little mess and really need no attention other than handling them enough that they become completely use to it and domesticated.Secondly,they dont have to be walked or taken to the vet,or played with.

Next,because they swallow their food whole,it takes a long time to digest which means they can actually go for months without eating but its common to feed them either once a week or once every 2 weeks.So going on vacation with owning a snake is no hassle at all.Make sure they're fed before you go away and their water bowl is full and they are GTG.Unlike my friggin 3 dogs that cost me an arm and a leg to pet in a pet hotel while we travel.LMAO.

They are absolutely the perfect LAZY PET OWNERS PET.LMFAO.

So anyway,the kids have been nagging me to get another snake as we haven't had any in a while so I finally caved in and we went shopping for one.We ended up with 2 though.I had an old 45 gallon tank already as well as a hot rock (for them to lay on for warmth) but I did have to buy another dual heat lamp,more bedding and a bored out tree trunk for them to hide under and climb on and through.

I'll post up pics of them soon.Right now they are getting acclimated to their new home so I dont want to bother them.LOL

the snakes a re starting to roam around their tank a little bit already which is a good thing.Sometimes when you first transport them from the pet shop to home and place them in their new homes,they are stressed out and will hide for days until they start to feel comfortable in their new environment.Especially with ones so tiny but they are already starting to explore.Very good sign.

If they're out tomm,i'll pick them up and take a few pics.

Comment

Would definitely like to see the python when you get a chance, they're beautiful snakes. Had a boa a long time ago and reading your post reminded me of what cool pets they are.

Comment

Great to hear from another snake lover John B.Ive always loved having snakes and it was nice getting some again.

The snakes are still hiding under their logs most of the day but as soon as they're out and about more frequently,the pics will be taken and posted.

Comment

Sorry guys,I completely forgot about posting pics but finally remembered and took some.So here they are.......

First 2 are the Corn Snake.with one being as he's swallowing a pinkie and the last is the Ball Python.
          Attached Files

Comment

Last one its beautiful F.I.S.T

Comment

Thanks Frandman2014.Ive always had Ball Pythons.They're great snakes for a pet.Ive never had a Corn Snake and thats why I had to get one this time along with the Ball.So far its temperament is no different than the Ball.

Comment

Behind our shop about 5 years ago by the dumpster at work there were 2 exotic snakes one was 15 ft long and bright ass yellow and white and the other was around 10 ft it was black mostly and green mayb a little purple biggest damn snakes I've ever seen they were dead though.

Comment

Oh yeah,I forgot to mention too that I gave the Corn snake 2 pinkies this time and the second one he didnt even constrict before he ate it.He just grabbed it and started swallowing it.Very strange.Ive actually never seen one do that before.They've always constricted their prey till it was dead and THEN started swallowing it.The first one,he did just that but after I put the second one in,he saw it and grabbed it from the backside and actually started swallowing it backwards right away! Couldn't believe it.LOL Also,they usually start from the head first as its easier to swallow due to how the arms and legs fold down but he ate it ass end first this time.

Pretty odd but cool none-the-less.

Comment

Nice snakes, F.I.S.T.! The Ball is especially impressive.

Comment

Thanks JohnB.

Comment

It is good that we can discuss such topics and learn new points of view.

Comment

Working...
                        X