Cardiac problems halt testosterone study

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cardiac problems halt testosterone study

A federally funded study done last year to determine whether or not testosterone gel helped elderly men build muscle and strength was halted after participants in the study suffered a disproportionate number of heart attacks and cardiac problems and one died. This study was being conducted by The Boston University School of Medicine by Dr.Schalender Bhasin. Ten men involved in the study who were taking testosterone therapy suffered cardiac problems compared to only one in the control group. Experts were taken aback by the high number of patients with problems but noted that it may have been due to the fact the men were sicker to begin with than past participants and were given higher doses than previous studies. Which leads to this obvious question.....Why?? Why do they fund studies like this with frail old guys and give them large quantities of drugs and begin them on weight lifting regimes when none of them have been physically active for some time and then blame the drugs for the problems?? Dr. Evan Hadley, director of geriatrics at the National Institue on Aging, which financed the study said it would continue to study the hormones effects. "Its important to look at all the evidence of testosterone treatment" he said "Other studies done on this subject did not reach the same conclusion". Which leads me to ask the same question again Why?? Why did the studies done previous to this study reach different conclusions?? Could it be what those in the Bodybuilding community already know and that is that every person reacts differently to the same compound therefore the amount of any given drug should be given case by case and not one set amount for every individual?? Or is it something else??

PCT MAYBE COULD OF HELPED. IF THEY WERE JUST GIVING THEM TEST, THE ESTROGEN BUILD UP CAN RAISE CHOLESTEROL LEVELS. hIGH BLOOD PRESSURE. cOULD OF BEEN A NUMBER OF THINGS. BUT BE INTERESTING TO SEE IF THEY GAVE THEM ARIMIDEX OR SOMETHING TO PREVENT THE ESTROGEN BUILD UP, WHICH COULD CAUSE A NUMBER OF SIDE EFFECTS.

Comment

Originally posted by SAFELIFE1 View Post
      PCT MAYBE COULD OF HELPED. IF THEY WERE JUST GIVING THEM TEST, THE ESTROGEN BUILD UP CAN RAISE CHOLESTEROL LEVELS. hIGH BLOOD PRESSURE. cOULD OF BEEN A NUMBER OF THINGS. BUT BE INTERESTING TO SEE IF THEY GAVE THEM ARIMIDEX OR SOMETHING TO PREVENT THE ESTROGEN BUILD UP, WHICH COULD CAUSE A NUMBER OF SIDE EFFECTS.
      in the contrary a lil estrogen is healthy.Arimidex and any other AI would have eliminated estrogen and this would lower even more the HDL and raise the bad LDL!

Comment

What I found that was most disturbing to me when I read the overview of the study was the fact that they stated that the participants were sicker than previous participants of past studies and that the dosages they gave them were higher than the prescribed doses. They never specified what the dosages were or what previous conditions the subjects may have had which as far as I'm concerned is another reason not to trust alot of these papers that these Medical Schools come out with on the use of AAS for muscle growth or overall well-being. I'm still waiting for one of these top notch Medical facilities to go out and get a dozen Middle Aged men of perfect health with at least 5 years of training under their belt and lets have at it

Comment

Yea that could be a problem..

Comment

Originally posted by limo View Post
            What I found that was most disturbing to me when I read the overview of the study was the fact that they stated that the participants were sicker than previous participants of past studies and that the dosages they gave them were higher than the prescribed doses. They never specified what the dosages were or what previous conditions the subjects may have had which as far as I'm concerned is another reason not to trust alot of these papers that these Medical Schools come out with on the use of AAS for muscle growth or overall well-being. I'm still waiting for one of these top notch Medical facilities to go out and get a dozen Middle Aged men of perfect health with at least 5 years of training under their belt and lets have at it
            I felt the same way when I read that limo...More B.S. on the "evils" of AAS.

Comment

Working...
            X