Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Here We Go Again: Jose Aldo vs. Conor McGregor Set for December 12th in Las Vegas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here We Go Again: Jose Aldo vs. Conor McGregor Set for December 12th in Las Vegas

Here We Go Again: Jose Aldo vs. Conor McGregor Set for December 12th in Las Vegas

I don’t know if it’s possible, but the hype surrounding Jose Aldo vs. Conor McGregor might be greater now than ever before. Not only do we have moments like the one above to remind us how much these two truly despise one another, but toss in the fact that McGregor will now be entering the fight sporting a belt of his own — one that he by earned by defeating Aldo’s greatest rival until now, no less — and you’ve got yourself a whole new wrinkle of this rivalry to exploit. The amount of smack McGregor is going to talk about Aldo pulling out of UFC 189 alone will make for must-see TV.

In any case, it was announced late last night that Aldo and McGregor are once again set to do battle in what will surely be the biggest featherweight title fight ever, and possibly the biggest fight in the history of the promotion. The Date: December 12th. The venue: The MGM Grand in Las Vegas (a.k.a “Definitely Not Cowboys Stadium”). Said Yahoo’s Kevin Iole…

Originally, Dec. 5 was targeted for that date because the MGM had an Andrea Bocelli concert and wanted to put the UFC show at the much smaller Mandalay Bay across the street.

But White told Yahoo Sports that he wanted a bigger venue than the approximately 11,000-seat Mandalay Bay Events Center. He was in talks with Cowboys’ officials about putting the fight at AT&T Stadium and said that on Thursday, ‘if you would have asked me, I would have told you for sure we were going to Dallas Cowboys Stadium.’

So there you have it, Nation. Get hype.

Working...
X