Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GIF of the Year Candidate: One FC Flyweight Ze Wu’s Transcendent, Flying Cartwheel G

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GIF of the Year Candidate: One FC Flyweight Ze Wu’s Transcendent, Flying Cartwheel G

GIF of the Year Candidate: One FC Flyweight Ze Wu’s Transcendent, Flying Cartwheel Groin Stomp

I don’t know how this gif has flown under the radar in the month since One FC 28 went down, but my God, you guys, it is glorious.

Around the midway point of a flyweight contest between the 2-1 Ze Wu and then-undefeated prospect Jianbing Yang, Wu attempted…something. I’m not exactly sure what it was, but I do know that it was equal parts Chad Mendes somersault guard pass and the Eric Prindle-Thiago Santos groin strike saga personified in one move. Possibly while under the influence of a mind-altering drug, Zu lept into the air, cartwheeled over Yang’s outstretched legs, and landed a direct strike to his nards. Then proceeded to walk away and shrug as if he didn’t understand what the big deal was.

Never before have we ever seen an illegal blow so simultaneously devastating and… beautiful — I dare say that it will redefine our understanding of the groin strike altogether. We tried to reach out to nutshot aficionado Joe Rogan for comment, who could only offer this expression before retreating back into his home.

After the jump: An alternate angle of the strike and a video of it happening in real-time.

It is worth noting that these gifs have been labeled as “Spinning Dick Attack” 1 and 2, which makes what happened sound less like a hilarious foul and more like what I do at weddings after a half-dozen shots of Jager. It’s a wonder why my brother’s in-laws won’t speak to me anymore.

Here’s the video of the foul, appropriately titled “Impressive side flip ball stomp.” If that isn’t the name of a death metal album by the end of the day, we will have failed as a species.

https://youtu.be/eThWeIyVq6s
Working...
X