• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to Do About Shoulder and Joint Pain

What to Do About Shoulder and Joint Pain
    April 30, 2015 By John Doe

Here’s a question from a reader…

What do you recommend for joint pain especially rotator cuff and elbows due to overhead movements and bench presses? This is annoying especially since I am an active guy. Thank you.

First off, drop heavy overhead pressing for good. It’s absolutely worthless other than ego lifting.

The overhead press is the most dangerous thing for rotator cuff and A/C joint because over time the cartilage in the joint wears down and it becomes bone on bone.

The overhead press pinches the joint the most, and heavier weight pinches it and wears it away much faster.

As for elbows, I’m guessing the pain is right behind the elbow where the tricep tendon might be? That seems to be the most common place for it anyways.

If the pain in the shoulder is more in the joint or the front of the deltoid then my best guess is it’s A/C joint impingement. When this becomes bad enough a shoulder scope is going to be needed. This is outpatient surgery where they go into your shoulder and clean out the joint by grinding away at it a little and giving it more room to move around more freely.

If the pain is more towards the rear of the shoulder then you may be dealing with a labral tear. An X-ray would show an A/C impingment because you’ll see where the ends of the bones look frayed and ratty looking. A labrum issue will require an MRI, and this usually requires a regular X-ray first and then the Doc calls for the MRI (basically a nice way to get more $$ from you).

A couple questions I would ask from you are:

#1- Does it bother you in your sleep? and
    #2- is it only bad when under weight, or is it bad all the time?

I had A/C impingements in both shoulders and it sort of felt like an arrow was stuck in my shoulder, and the pain radiated from the front straight through my shoulder. sleeping on it was terrible, and every morning I awoke it felt stiff and sore.

You need to back off heavy weight for starters. For chest ditch bench pressing with barbells for awhile, and stick to machines or some light-moderate dumbbells. Forget a low rep range for now, keep your chest pressing in the teens and 20’s for reps, and cut out overhead pressing altogether and just do lateral raises and rear delt raises. Cut out front delt raises as well.

For triceps definitely quit doing skullcrushers. I would stick to primarily tricep pressdowns with the rope for higher reps. Think of your sets more like pump-up sets than heavy weight that grinds and tears the joints up.

Don’t worry, you will not shrink down or anything. And it’s probably not for good, we just want to back off so you can heal and do not need any surgery if at all possible.

Definitely start taking glucosamine for your joints, and something else to consider is GHRP-2 peptide, for it’s tissue regenerative and joint healing properties, along with a low dose of Deca Durabolin every week. 100-200mg/wk should work. I’d go 10 wks like that and see if the pain doesn’t go away.

Older post but a great read. Thanks F.I.S.T.

I've been doing some reading about GHRP-6, and 2 in search of a joint therapy. Was thinking about mixing it with a mild EQ & Test cycle but at this point not really looking to gain in size or strength, just repair my joints to maintain the status quo...

Would love to get some more input on GHRP 2 vs 6... most of what I can find on them reads the same to me... I think i must be missing a finer point of why one would be used over the other. Also... what are your thoughts on Deca vs EQ in the way of joint repair? both increase collagen synthesis significantly but again for joint considerations only one does not stand out as far superior to the other to me...

... and lastly, just to sure... with either, one would want to do at least a replacement therapy level dose of Test correct (i.e.250mg/week)? or do you think a person could get by with just HCG along with the low/moderate dose of EQ/Deca?

Thanks in advance for any input.

Comment

Other causes of shoulder pain include several forms of arthritis, torn cartilage, or a torn rotator cuff. Swelling of the bursa sacs (which protect the shoulder) or tendons can also cause pain. Some people develop bone spurs, which are bony projections that develop along the edges of bones

Comment

I have a friend who tried cupping, it worked very well for him, i think you should give it a try

Comment

try cupping, its useful for joint pain

Comment

Joint pain is the biggest issue of our health.It is affect the joint part of our body.I think ayurvedic treatment is best for joint pain.
            Admin
            Administrator
            Last edited by Admin; 06-07-2018, 02:52 PM.

Comment

Joint pains affect people all over the globe. Knee problems considered as normal after a certain age. All knee problems are not always a product of aging bones. Instead, it can result from joint injuries.
              Admin
              Administrator
              Last edited by Admin; 07-27-2018, 12:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X