Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bellator Finally Grants Will Brooks His Wish

Bellator Finally Grants Will Brooks His Wish

Will Brooks will make his first official title defense this April vs. Dave Jansen at Bellator 136, according to a report by ESPN.

Bellator officials have since confirmed plans for the fight.

Brooks-Jansen will main event an April 10 card from Irvine, California and the Bren Events Center. Brooks (15-1) became the undisputed lightweight champion when he finished Michael Chandler last year.

Jansen (20-2) secured a tournament title in 2013 when he topped Marcin Held, Magomed Saaduleav and Ricardo Tirioni. Bellator has since done away with granting future title shots to tournament winners.

Also, the report states that Joe Schilling (2-3) will face Rafael Carvalho (10-1). Schilling, who competes this Friday night at Glory 19, earned a knockout win over Melvin Manhoef, while Carvalho dropped Brian Rogers.

“I’m really looking forward to this one,” Bellator president Scott Coker said. “Brooks and Schilling were two huge components to our successful show last November, and I wanted to get them another fight as quickly as possible.

“With Will Brooks, you’ve got a phenomenal athlete with a tremendous personality. He is someone who brings it each and every time he gets in the cage. Joe Schilling is one of those incredible strikers who just has danger written all over him. I think our team has really done a great job in finding both of these guys extremely tough opponents in Jansen and Carvalho respectively, and I’m happy that I’ll have one of the best seats in the house.”

Working...
X