Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Been lifting for 8 months and getting dicouraged. I Should look big by now.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Been lifting for 8 months and getting dicouraged. I Should look big by now.

So I started lifting weights about 8 months ago. I had never lifted before in my life. I recently started reading Flex magazine and Muscle and Development and I look in those publications and then at myself in the mirror and in pictures and I wonder why I don't look like them.

Am I doing something wrong? I have received compliments from others but I just don't understand why I am not as big as the guys in these magazines. How much longer am I going to have to lift to look like they do?

Also I keep seeing infomercials like Bodybeast and those people look like the guys in magazines and they say they got that way in 90 days. I don't know what I am doing wrong here.

really?

Are you actually serious?? Guess you picked the wrong sport. Bodybuilding is a lifetime sport and a way of life. You are doing everything wrong! It will take you a lifetime to figure out the perfect way. Everyone here has a complaint about themselves I'm sure and some of us have been training for 30 years plus.
    This is not to discourage you but to let you know those guys in the mags have been training for years. At 8 months it is impossible to say you have given all the most popular training methods a try, no way do you know how to eat yet for your body. Don't think drugs are going to help you at all except to fuck yourself up (forever maybe). I don't know how old you are which doesn't matter it's never too late. Honestly unless you have tons and tons of patience, are willing to go through all kinds of trial and errors, buy yourself a football or baseball glove and forget bodybuilding. Bodybuilding in my opinion is probably the hardest sport out there. From the time you wake up until the time you go to sleep it's all about your training, your 6 to 8 meals, supplements, timing, etc it's a nightmare. Also realize you don't have to take it to that extreme you can get good results just training 3 or 4 times a week and eating sensible only you won't get on any magazine covers.
    Also any of those assholes claiming to get a great built overnight are making a fortune preying on people's weaknesses and laziness. THESE PEOPLE GET PAID TO SELL A PRODUCT!
    sigpic

Comment

Hey LL, First what are your stats now? Second, 8 months is nothing, you'll need about 10 years, hundreds of pounds of food and thousands of dollars for gear. Then if your genetics are good you may, I say may, look like them.

Tell us more about yourself and we will try to help. The most common mistake almost all guys make is food intake. They think there eating plenty of food, when in fact there not even close, so give us some info and we'll see what we can do! Training, diet, age, weight, if possible body fat and anything else you can give us that would help, (injuries, limitations, stuff like that).
      The Rules At Juiced Muscle (everyone please read)
      http://juicedmuscle.com/showthread.p...e-please-read)
      http://juicedmuscle.com/showthread.p...please-read!!!
      Chat Box Talk And Rules
      http://juicedmuscle.com/showthread.p...-Shoutbox-Talk
      No Soliciting Websites In Your Signatures
      http://juicedmuscle.com/showthread.p...our-Signatures

Do not mistake my kindness for weakness!

Comment

Originally posted by MrBig View Post
        Hey LL, First what are your stats now? Second, 8 months is nothing, you'll need about 10 years, hundreds of pounds of food and thousands of dollars for gear. Then if your genetics are good you may, I say may, look like them.

Tell us more about yourself and we will try to help. The most common mistake almost all guys make is food intake. They think there eating plenty of food, when in fact there not even close, so give us some info and we'll see what we can do! Training, diet, age, weight, if possible body fat and anything else you can give us that would help, (injuries, limitations, stuff like that).
        I am current 6'4 almost 6'5 and am 225 pounds. Macros for each day are 4500 cals. 250 grams of protein, 385 grams of carbs, 150 grams of fat.

How do I post a picture?

Comment

LL,
          To post a pic you have to use "Go Advanced"

What about training, we need to know how your training. If you've just started and this is your very first time training, then this will take longer. You'll need to take a year or two to get your training in order. At your height that might not be enough calories, but we need more info. For myself, at one point I weighted 190lbs. I'm 5'9" so this was very confusing for me, I was doing 4500 calories and would not put on anymore size. I had to up my intake to 6500 to get over that hump and ended up getting to 223lbs. This is part of the learning curve YOU need to figure out and only you can do this. Just like Pauliuch mentioned in his post. You will never be able to get this all together in 8 months, this take years brother. So settle in for the long haul (if this is what you really want to do) and do your best to work on your training and diet.
          The Rules At Juiced Muscle (everyone please read)
          http://juicedmuscle.com/showthread.p...e-please-read)
          http://juicedmuscle.com/showthread.p...please-read!!!
          Chat Box Talk And Rules
          http://juicedmuscle.com/showthread.p...-Shoutbox-Talk
          No Soliciting Websites In Your Signatures
          http://juicedmuscle.com/showthread.p...our-Signatures

Do not mistake my kindness for weakness!

Comment

Here's another.
            Attached Files

Comment

Just keep doing what you are doing. It takes years and lots of juice to look like those guys.
              Click On The Link Below Before You Place Your Order!

https://www.1napsgear.org/index.php?ref=3777

Comment

Alright thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Pauliuch View Post
                  Are you actually serious?? Guess you picked the wrong sport. Bodybuilding is a lifetime sport and a way of life. You are doing everything wrong! It will take you a lifetime to figure out the perfect way. Everyone here has a complaint about themselves I'm sure and some of us have been training for 30 years plus.
                  This is not to discourage you but to let you know those guys in the mags have been training for years. At 8 months it is impossible to say you have given all the most popular training methods a try, no way do you know how to eat yet for your body. Don't think drugs are going to help you at all except to fuck yourself up (forever maybe). I don't know how old you are which doesn't matter it's never too late. Honestly unless you have tons and tons of patience, are willing to go through all kinds of trial and errors, buy yourself a football or baseball glove and forget bodybuilding. Bodybuilding in my opinion is probably the hardest sport out there. From the time you wake up until the time you go to sleep it's all about your training, your 6 to 8 meals, supplements, timing, etc it's a nightmare. Also realize you don't have to take it to that extreme you can get good results just training 3 or 4 times a week and eating sensible only you won't get on any magazine covers.
                  Also any of those assholes claiming to get a great built overnight are making a fortune preying on people's weaknesses and laziness. THESE PEOPLE GET PAID TO SELL A PRODUCT!
                  You are completely right, but its all about the fun of the ride, either you like it or you don't, but intensity is different some are breathing bodybuilding, others just want to look nice on the beach, or like to hang out in the gym..

Comment

Originally posted by Pauliuch View Post
                    You are completely right, but its all about the fun of the ride, either you like it or you don't, but intensity is different some are breathing bodybuilding, others just want to look nice on the beach, or like to hang out in the gym..

Comment

Working...
                    X