What routine to do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What routine to do?

Hey guys. Im new here. Been lurking but finally joined. Anyways, Im curious to see what routines/splits you guys are using for Hypertrophy. Im interested in gaining strength and definitely more size everywhere. What kind of volume, weight, and routines are best for this and have you all had the best results with? Ive tried everything it seems and still havent found my sweet spot as far as Hypertrophy goes but strength is always creeping up little by little. My diet has cleaned up a lot and protein intake is around 200g a day. I weigh 204 as of today at around 15% BF. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Ive just recently posted in another thread about the importance of going to failure/exhaustion. This is something i like to play around with alot and works really well for me. For example, When im doing bi cep curls i will lift a weight and go to failure with that then immediately pick up a weight about 75% of that weight and push out another 5 or so to second failure. I find i get amazing pumps doing this. Another thing i do is partial reps. If i do Tricep extentions on my last lift before failure instead of doing a full lift i will take my arms to the full extended position the do 3-5 half reps only moving about 30-45 degrees from the full extended position. Again this gives me great pumps.

But your issue may not be a training thing it may be diet, i see you mention protein but do you get enough carbs?

Comment

Thanks for the reply. My carb intake is sufficient as well. Ive been looking into the FST7 workouts and theyve sparked my interest. I usually go to failure, but Ive never went to failure back to back. I'll definitely be trying this as well as the half reps. Thanks a lot man!

Comment

hi guys,,,
        I am following this routine now a days for Hypertrophy.I first warm up my body and the switch over to some stretching exercise.Then do the Military Press- 3x8-12,Dips- 5 sets x sub failure,Lat Raises- 3x10,Skull Crushers- 4x12.
        Barnaby
        Last edited by Barnaby; 01-22-2011, 05:59 AM.
        Ceylon Tea

Comment

Hello guys....!
          Thanks for sharing excellent advice and really good websites. Cheers for all the help given i am sure i will be asking lots more questions here because i know i am going to get some good advice. Thanks again....!
          sports nutrition supplements

Comment

Working...
          X