how to make food taste better without adding extra sodium, fat and sugar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to make food taste better without adding extra sodium, fat and sugar

I am looking for ideas to help make a clean diet a little less boring. Write now I am adding lemon juice to my fish and chicken for flavor nothing else. I am adding cinamon to my brown rice and my quaker oats nothing else. I steam all of my veggies and eat them plain. My sandwiches I use whole grain bread chicken, lettuce various other veggies and I add fat free mayo to that. Dull ehh? Are there any salt or butter substitutes one can use? Ideas? I have been seeing fantastic results with this type of diet but at the same time I have been loosing alittle interest in eating.

I like to mix up my chicken and use some Mrs Dash to season with.
    http://www.napsgear.net/affiliate_sh..._banner_id=166

Comment

Adding some olive oil to your cooking will add flavor to your food. Also if you have been on your diet for a short time these foods will seem bland at first do to the lack of salt. But, you will get use to the taste after a while and then when you try something with salt on it. It will taste like crap.

Comment

man, i tried to reply twice to this thread and hit the wrong button twice and lost a big paragraph both times!!! i'll try again later, lol.
        if you are new to the board, please take a minute to read the rules...CLICK HERE

Comment

I drizzle extra virgin olive oil over pretty much everything including bread on the rare occasion that I eat it. Good for getting those extra calories as well.

Comment

add garlic.. homemade salsa or hummus to some of those dishes really help.. I use lots of scotch bonet hot sauce for most of my dishes..

Comment

Working...
            X