A1c very important to check

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A1c very important to check

for a person who doesn't have diabetes, about 5% of the hemoglobin A1C molecules have blood surgar attached to them. That would correlate to A1Ctest results 5%.

For people with diabetes, the AMERICAN dIABETES ASSOCATION (ADA) RECOMMENDS A1C test results of less than 7%, While the American Association of Clinical Endocrinotogist suggests 6.5% or lower.

However, without proper treatment, people with diabetes can have A1C blood test results that are much highter than that.

BENEFITS OF LOWERING YOUR A1C:

Now for good news-for every point you lower your A1C test results, you can significantly reduce the risk of long-term diabetes complications such as nerve damage, vison loss, kidney loss, kidney disease cardiovascular problems. Even if you have some complications from diabetes, lowering your A1C may help reduce the symptoms or reverse the severity of the problems

The results of the DIABETES CONTROL AND COMPLICATION STUDY (DCCT) SHOWED HOW MUCH YOU CAN REDUCE THE RISK.

DIABETES COMPLICATION REDUCED RISK

EYE DISEASE 76%
    KIDNEY DISEASE 50%
    NERVE DAMAGE 60%
    CARDIOVASCULAR DISEASE 42%

If your A1C blood test result is higher than recommended, it's importaqnt to take steps to improve control .

Get blood work, when I'm gain weight and eat more my blood levels is high. The min I cut carbs and increase cardio my A1C goes from 7.0 to 5.0. To me that shows that it's diet and exercise. But once they label u your label but (controlled) Keep watch on this guys..
    Even on HGH my levels come down. But everyone is different.

Interesting article!!!! Keep'em coming.......

Comment

Working...
    X