Life expectancy of a bodybuilder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Life expectancy of a bodybuilder

so i was pondering on this thought today since everyone says steroids are bad (government officials) however, look at arnold hes still alive and kickin. I mean I know we can all suffer from the typical injuries and side effects of using aas. I wanted to know the average age range of the typical competitive bodybuilder. I found this post not exactly sure where its from but it was somewhat informative.
    In addition to genetic ties to lifespan, diet has been shown to substantially affect lifespan in many animals. Specifically, caloric restriction (that is, restricting calories to 30-50% less than an ad libitum animal would consume, while still maintaining proper nutrient intake), has been shown to increase lifespan in mice up to 50%. Caloric restriction works on many other species beyond mice (including species as diverse as yeast and Drosophila), and appears (though the data is not conclusive) to increase lifespan in primates according to a study done on Rhesus monkeys at the National Institute of Health (US), although the increase in lifespan is only notable if the caloric restriction is started early in life. Since, at the molecular level, age is counted not as time but as the number of cell doublings, this effect of calorie reduction could be mediated by the slowing of cellular growth and, therefore, the lengthening of the time between cell divisions.

let me know what you guys think or come up with thanks.

as usual your input is appreciated.

Arnold has money on doctors, some smokers live long too so it does not mean that smoking is safe.

and I do not think that Arnold was really so heavy steroid user he was not that big something like 260 lbs

Comment

Good question. I'm sure the answer is very individual. Some guys are using recreational drugs and that is going to play a big role. And some guys have have genetic predispositions to medical issues that are exasperated by AAS. And some guys get blood work done, while others dont want to know whats going on inside. Plus of course, doses of gear can vary widely. Also, we can't forget peptides. I've heard from MD's that IGF may be more likely to CAUSE cancer over long term use. I think we will have to wait and see how this generation of bodybuilders do. There is a lot more going on now, than there was even 15 years ago
      if you are new to the board, please take a minute to read the rules...CLICK HERE

Comment

Working...
      X