Slin Vs. Dextrose & Maltodextrin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slin Vs. Dextrose & Maltodextrin

Post workout, how much more of an advantage do you have using slin vs. using dextrose, Maltodextrin and creatine post workout if both of those combos raise insulin levels, if the goal is to raise insulin post workout. Then why use insulin (which is dangerous) and stick to dextrose, maltodextrin and creatine along with your protien and drink it post workout (which is safe)?

keep in mind, this is a touchy subject to a lot of people and i want to be sure to say that these are just my thoughts, not facts about how slin works for everyone.

i dont think slin is as great as some people say it is. basically, it helps you better utilize the nutrients you consume. for a lot of people, it can make you very very fat, and fast! i am lucky, in that i seemed to stay pretty lean the two times i've used it.

i also believe that people overblow it's level of danger. yes, if you are not prepared, you can die. there is no question about that. but as long as you don't have a preexieting condition, and if you follow the plan, plus take safty precautions on top of that...lets just say people do it every day and are fine. i'm speaking about humilin-r and humalog. i have seen a close friend hospitalized using long acting lantus. from what i understand, it lasts like 24 hrs. i beleive his pancreas shut down his production on insulin and when he came off of it, he went into a diabetic state for wks. luckily, he recovered. i have not heard of problems like that with "responsible" use of fast acting insulin.
    if you are new to the board, please take a minute to read the rules...CLICK HERE

Comment

i will also note that in my experience, it works best when combined with AAS and GH. i would not suggest that a new user try insulin. save it for down the road
      if you are new to the board, please take a minute to read the rules...CLICK HERE

Comment

Originally posted by sam1976 View Post
        i will also note that in my experience, it works best when combined with AAS and GH. i would not suggest that a new user try insulin. save it for down the road
        Completely true, plus the timing, the foodintake, the total absence of oils and fats, it comes very prcise and only needed if you want to compete.

On the other hand, the use of quick carbohydrates or sugar to spike natural insulin is very usefull especially in combination with lots of water and creatine. I wrote an article about it (in Dutch) and I'll post something about the time-window of post work-out nitrition later.

Comment

ok if your using slin with aas and dont over do it. you will not get fat. especially anadrol. I use it with anadrol at high carbs about 600 to 800 depending. Since anadrol puts mass on quickly it helps put the cals from slin more to building muscle instead of fat. Slin works great for me. i can put on 5 to 10 pounds in four weeks. i eat white rice and chicken with 15iu of it for post workout. i use novolin R which is the best choice because its the closest to what your body makes instead of animal. Which can cause your body to become resistant to its own.

Comment

Working...
          X