brining up ur weaknesses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brining up ur weaknesses

what bodypart are you most focused on now and what seems to be giving you the best results for brining it up? for a long time, the main focus of bodybuilding is just adding more size, period. i still am trying to add more overall mass, but i've also begun to see certain areas that need more work than others. in the last year, i'm put extra focus into back and upper legs. i've found that for legs, moderate weight and high high reps is working well. on squats, i'm doing around 16 reps to failure, using the heaviest weight i can use to get that rep range. on leg press, i go to 20 reps. once every 3 or 4 wks, i will go very heavy in the 6-8 rep range. i found i am more powerful on the heavy day now that my stamina is up.

for back...well, my back was messed up for some time. it was hard to do much with a injured lower back. i'm pretty well healed though now. i have brought my back up a lot this year using heavy heavy BB rows in the 5-8 rep range, t bar rows in the 8-10 rep range, and rack pulls. i've also really learned that when i'm doing pull downs, to draw with my elbows and squeeze with my back vs using my arms. starting this wk, i am going to focus 1 wk on thickness and the next wk on width. we'll see how that works

all together, i do about 16 sets for back and 24 sets for hams/quads
    if you are new to the board, please take a minute to read the rules...CLICK HERE

Back and lats are really responding to training here, shoulders and bis are on the other side
    focusing on those bastards these days

Comment

Legs and chest are big and add size easily for me.

I am always battling shoulders and bi

Comment

I neglected my lower back for a little over a month, the other week I went to do a 405 deadlift which is usually far from my max but when I put the bar down I could really feel the strain in my lower back. Same with squats, I've noticed that I've had to drop the weight I've been squatting because my lower back can't take it anymore. I've started training it again, seeing how it seems to be important to every lift I do. Goodmornings are my favorite exercise but I never recommend them.

Comment

triceps and lower abs
          Ain't no use in lookin' down
          Ain't no discharge on the ground
          Ain't no use in lookin' back
          'Cause Jody's got your Cadillac
          Ain't no use in feelin' blue
          'Cause Jody's got your lady too

Comment

back, traps and calves respond the best with me. have the hardest time with my chest and delts.

Comment

Working...
            X