No announcement yet.

So where do you train and why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a home set up with a power cage, bench, Dumbbells and Olympic plates and bars. I just re-joined the gym to mix it up some and be a little more social lol
    NapsGear.Net - The Largest and Most Trusted!

Comment

i TRAIN AT A HARDCORE BB, PW GYM- I CANT GET A WORKOUT AT FRANCHISE GYMS - ONE- I NEED 200 POUND DUMBELLS FOR FEW EXERCISES, I NEED SMOOTH EQUIPMENT , I NEED STANDING CALF MACHINE THAT IS AT LEAST 1000 POUNDS, I DONT WIPE MY BENCH, CLEAN IT YOURSELF AND I CANT STAND GABBERS LOUNGING ON OR AROUND THE EQUIPMENT- I GOT PASS AT PLANET FITNESS COULDNT EVEN GET A DECENT WORKOUT, SO I LEFT, SAME AT THE NEIGHBORGHOOD YMCA - WORKOUT WORLD SUCKED. THOS PLACES ARE FOR PEOPLE WHO ARE NOT DEVOTED TO BODYBUILDING . PEOPLE THAT USE MACHINES AND BENCHES THAT ARE DESIGNED TO MAKE EXERCISING EASIER BUT NOT MORE EFFECTIVE- HOW DO YOU NOT HAVE A STANDING CALF MACHINE WITH ENOUGH WEIGHTS?? OR ENOUGH BENCHES ?? OR SQUAT RACKS???? KETTLEBELLS, DUMBELLS FOR STRONGER PEOPLE
      The mind is the greatest weapon

Comment

Originally posted by shrek View Post
        i train at a pretty small, private owned gym
        a couple hundred members. Started there about 6-7 yrs ago
        it's the only real gym in my town without spinning and all that crap
        real equipment, big weights, you can grunt and groan all you want
        and it's juicer friendly, the policy is that as long as you don't inject there we
        don't care. Plus i used to work there so i train for free
        sounds like my kind of gym - nice !!!!
        The mind is the greatest weapon

Comment

Originally posted by Ketsugo View Post
          sounds like my kind of gym - nice !!!!
          Yeah it's really good, have a couple competitive BBs who train there, some of the best in Sweden. The owner used too compete too. And I like the name "power gym" - we have the weights, you bring the muscles
          Size ain't nothin' without strength. Strength ain't nothin' without size

Comment

I go to WOW (workout world) they have 4 I can go to, they r adequate but not what I want.
            I have been looking since I moved back for a real gym but.... they r like 30 mins away.
            ODB
            Last edited by ODB; 10-01-2013, 06:22 PM.
            "GYM + JUICE"

Comment

I train at a local gym here in Tennessee. Its a small hole in the wall place its never busy, but thats what makes it nice! Sometimes I will go to one of the huge gyms on the base they have everything, but usually packed.

Comment

I work out at 10 gym in Tulsa. It's a franchise gym and as long as I don't go between 5-6 pm I have free range to what ever I want. It is also 24 hours so that is a plus if I want to get cardio in when I can't sleep at night. It's one mile from my house and 5 miles from my job....perfect
                [/COLOR]"The Iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and listen to all kinds of talk, get told that you're a god or a total bastard. The Iron will always kick you the real deal. The Iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds."

Henry Rollins

Comment

I'm also at a planet fitness. Very convenient for location and not much better around, but I haven't gotten my first gear yet and I'm already concerned about the amount of weight available.

Comment

I train here in my city Gym . I train to gain some weight , Im 20years , but i have low weight . Any advice to gain weight ?
                    Bakugan Games

Comment

I train at a local gym I only work 3 days a week so I usally go at 11am and its usally me and my wife there that's what I like no distractions

Comment

Just had too change to a comersial gym but it has a power rack and as I train at 4 am I make it work
                        Size ain't nothin' without strength. Strength ain't nothin' without size

Comment

Man I live out in the sticks so I have improvised... I have a 48 foot refer (insulated) truck trailer with rubber mats on the floor. I wired it for lights and sound... I have a lot of what I need to get the job done. I am old school free weights and plates for me... I have a cable pull down when needed. I have a leg press, squat rack, incline/decline, flat bench. leg curl commercial quality stuff. otherwise I break out the welder and make it work... I have (14)45# and on down so u get the idea. still need to hang mirrors and the heavy bag....but it's badass to have it all right here and to play motivational music of choice.

Comment

I go to planet fatass. I hate the gym honestly. I know I shouldn't complain while I still attend this gym, but I do it as a means of convenience ($10/mo - close to where I live). I've been scouting better gyms in the area, but haven't found a decent one that's also affordable.

My only major disappointment with planet fatass is the lack of free weights (mine has NONE with the exception of dumbbells), and 80% of the equipment is cardio related.

Comment

Originally posted by As'ad View Post
                              I go to planet fatass.
                              I love that... Planet FatAss !!!
                              Building my self for a better tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                              X